As announced in our recent acquisition of Locker Room, Spotify is accelerating its entry into the live audio space across a range of sports, music, and cultural programming. With this live audio platform, Spotify will redefine the way fans connect with digital taste-makers through highly-relevant, reactionary live content, and put the power to quickly and easily build spontaneous, interactive conversations in the hands of millions of emerging voices worldwide.
United States of America (Home Mix)
We are looking for thoughtful, well-rounded Android engineers to join our team. We’re looking for Android Engineers to help build out the foundation of the app and infrastructure. Because conversations happen in real time, we’re facing outstanding and technically interesting scaling challenges as the community grows. If you are interested in taking part in a company bet and want to help build an application that millions of people use every day to discover and listen to podcasts & music, this is the perfect opportunity. You will play an important part in our mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music & podcasts.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
- Implement these solutions for our Android client, adhering to Android development best practices
- Help your team tackle problems in a way that makes sense for Android users and our codebase
- Join dozens of other developers and help to craft the direction of Android development at Spotify
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of modern Android development.
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java and/or Kotlin.
- Experience building custom views
- Experience with client-side networking
- You are experienced with Android development tools.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship maintainable code.
- You have released at least one app or have a project in the works that you can tell us about.
- Have experience with WebSockets or PubSub huge plus!
- Experience with declarative/reactive paradigm huge plus!
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting