Premium Tech Support Specialists will be responsible for answering inbound customer calls to provide exception support and resolution to technical issues related to hardware, software and network issues for PCs, mobile and other networking devices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Resolve hardware, software, and network issues
- PC Setup, Diagnostic and Tune - Windows and Mac OS
- Home Networking: Setup, Diagnostic and Security
- Removal of Virus, Spyware and Security Issues
- Activation, Install, and Ongoing support of Peripherals, PC, or Network
- Install and Tutorial sessions for software, peripheral use and PC basics
- Document incident status and solutions in incident knowledge database
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years’ experience with 3 years directly related to the job. College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate.
- 1-2 years related technical internet troubleshooting experience
- Excellent listening, analytical, verbal and written communications skills and interpersonal required. Must be able to easily identify and articulate complex ideas and issues and give clear direction.
- Strong Customer Service experience with an emphasis on first call resolution and follow-through
- Demonstrates ability to achieve established goals and performance metrics.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, structured, dynamic and high-transaction environment, with the ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and manage and diffuse escalated interactions
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be flexible to work different shifts which may include evenings and weekends, and overtime as necessary.
- Ability to multitask between multiple tools and systems and apply information and knowledge to customer situations
- Strong Customer Service Experience
- Strong Communication skills/Interpersonal skills.
- High degree of Technical Aptitude
- Fluent Knowledge of Internet computer applications
- Ability to organize calls efficiently and resolves complex customer issues
Troubleshooting experience with:
- Android, Apple, Gaming Consoles, TVs, and Smart Home [Thermostat, Locks, Cameras, Lighting etc.] Wireless Mouse/Keyboard, Webcams, etc..)
Previous experience troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Windows and MAC O/S, internet systems, and networking
- Previous experience working with a contact center management database
- Previous experience working with a ticketing system
Certificates/ Licenses: Driver's license
Comments: Job Category: Customer Services
Skill Testing Required: Yes
Additional Compensation: No
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and veteran status. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: