Tenable is looking for a Staff Research Engineer to join our Zero-Day research team. This position will involve looking for new vulnerabilities, tool development, vulnerability disclosure coordination, and content creation.
- Find and report new vulnerabilities to vendors in accordance with our disclosure policy.
- Collaborate with other teams at Tenable and find opportunities to leverage your research, when possible.
- Externalize your research by writing research advisories, blog posts, and by presenting your research at conferences.
- Work on developing tools for improving and automating bug hunting.
- Provide mentorship and training to other researchers at Tenable.
- Positively impact the security community as a whole.
What You'll Need:
- Ability to work independently as a researcher as well as part of a team, leading the effort on some projects and being an active member of the team on other initiatives
- Keep abreast with the advancements and developments in the security industry and perform original research to keep our customers secure
- Experience working with multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS)
- Demonstrably strong programming skills in two or more languages
- Ability and experience in showcasing original research externally – via blogs, whitepapers, conference presentations, PR interviews, etc.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and able to shift priorities among initiatives, as needed.
- Initiative and drive to explore and learn continually
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years of R&D experience
- Ambitious, approachable, and a team player.
- Ability to travel to conferences if accepted as a speaker (3-5 times per year on average).
- Reverse engineering experience with static and dynamic analysis tools like IDA Pro / WinDbg.
- Experience reading/writing assembly language in one or more architectures (e.g. x86, ARM)
- Experience with fuzzing, protocol analysis, crash dump analysis, and manually reviewing code for security vulnerabilities.
- Expert-level knowledge of common protocols (HTTP, DNS, SSH, SMB, etc.)
- Have found and published vulnerabilities previously.
- Experience writing exploits.
- Experience writing technical documents (blog, advisories, etc.).
- Knowledge of modern web application frameworks, IoT devices and cloud technologies.
- Have participated in open source development.
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: