About the role
You’ll team up with four world class Android engineers and take over full responsibility for our Android app. You’ll work on all parts of the Android app and make outdoor adventures easily accessible to our users. You’ll develop diverse features for navigation, routing, social interaction and content visualization that will make your work challenging and fun.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Develop innovative new features from the first idea and concept over to road map planning, implementation, testing, release and monitoring.
- Work in one of our cross-functional squads of backend, web and mobile developers, designers, copywriters, QA, data scientists, and product experts.
- Team up with Arne, James, Dmitry and Iwo to build a state of the art Android app with more than 5 million active installs and up to 3 million monthly active users.
- Release frequently with continuous builds, testing and direct team feedback.
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with a truly inspiring product that brings real life value to our users and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors.
- You’ll work on challenging tasks, like maps, data synchronization, turn-by-turn navigation and nearly everything the Android platform offers.
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people.
- We believe good ideas and commitment count more than titles.
- This is a remote role and you are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. Beach? The mountains? Or a co- working space (covered by us)?
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- You’ll travel with us (when safe) for team gatherings in amazing locations several times a year. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote. (http://bit.ly/39xtIrn)
- You get 38 days annual leaves (including public holidays, which vary by country)
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to learn and improve.
- Love to develop awesome products with a focus on great user experiences.
- Have 4+ years of professional experience with developing high quality production native Android apps.
- Have 3+ years of professional experience with Kotlin.
- Have 3+ years of professional experience with Java.
- Keep your knowledge about Android and Android development up to date.
- Write code that's readable, well documented and meaningfully tested.
- Know how to build a scalable Android app architecture.
- Are a great team player and communicator in a diverse international and fully remote team.
Sound like you?
Great, we would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A covering letter explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Examples of your work (e.g. apps, GitHub, your private projects, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Blinkist subscription and discounts with outdoor brands like Patagonia and Wahoo
- Flexible working hours and locations
- 3 all- expenses paid Company gatherings per year
- The latest devices and equipment
- And more!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job descriptionWe are looking for a Senior Android Developer for our Mobile Development team. This person will be a senior member of the team and will be responsible for architecting, building complex features and providing technical guidance to other developers on the team. An i
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNERWe marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of ski
We are currently seeking a Mobile Android Developer for a year-long contract with potential to extend or convert to hire.This position is 100% remote. Work/Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time.Responsibilities: Build and maintain features within the Kroger app that reac
Duties and responsibilitiesEnhance and maintain a native Android applicationDiagnose bugs via all possible avenues such as remote logging, crash reporting, customer feedback, developer testing, code inspectionParticipate in code reviewsCollaborate with cross-functional teams to f
_Job Title : Android Developer_Location : San Francisco,California-RemoteDuration : 6 Months**Description:Android Contract Must Haves & Nice to Haves:Must Have:2+ years of industry experience.Hands-on knowledge of Android and strong knowledge of Java and Kotlin.Strong programming
More jobs by this company
About the roleTo make komoot.com the place to go for people around the world to plan their outdoor adventures, we’re looking for an ambitious web developer to join our fully remote team of 85+ people.Ready for your next adventure?What you will doDevelop end-to-end solutions
About the roleYou’ve got a head for processes, an eye for detail and you love being the first to test out new features in the wild. As a member of the komoot Quality Assurance team you'll play a key role in delivering new, bug-free features to our users worldwide. We work i
About the roleYou’ll team up with four world class iOS engineers and take over full responsibility for our iOS app. Touching all parts of the iOS app, your work will make outdoor adventures easily accessible to our users. You’ll develop diverse features for navigation
About the roleWe are now experiencing an accelerated growth and we're looking for an experienced Data Scientist dedicated to improving the product experience. As a young tech company, we know how user engagement can be boosted by personalisation, recommendations, user-segmentatio
About the roleKomoot is a tech company where data plays a decisive role. As our new senior data analyst, your work will be invaluable in driving key product decisions. Being part of a cross-functional team, you will work closely with product managers, developers and designers to.
About the roleAt komoot we strongly believe in the power of automation. Written rules are good, automated security checks are better. As a cloud security engineer at komoot you’ll take care of our AWS and Google cloud organizations. You manage accounts/projects, users, role
About the roleAs komoot’s next Senior Backend Engineer, you join a highly-motivated team of tech enthusiasts. We are focused on impact, that’s why we love to find simple and smart solutions to complex problems, and embrace modern technologies to face our tough challen
About the roleKomoot is a tech company in which data plays a decisive role. As komoot’s lead data analyst, you will scale the Analytics team from 2 to 6 members to cover the increasing need for data-informed decisions as the company grows. This includes recruiting and onboa