Bullhorn is looking for a Software Architect to join our Development team.
Bullhorn is the leading global software provider for the staffing and recruitment industry. More than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorn’s cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Through our incredible products and services, we create raving fan customers, resulting in company growth that consistently offers new opportunities for our talent to advance their careers. 25% of our global workforce gets promoted or moves into a new role every year, expanding their skills and working with new people. Bullhorn is large enough to provide these exciting opportunities but small enough to maintain the energy of a startup, and we’re consistently ranked as a great place to work for our strong culture and rewarding career opportunities.
Our commitment to our employees: Every Bullhorn employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path to success. Bullhorn offers unlimited planned vacation, great opportunities for career development, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Our in-office employees enjoy a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in lunch and breakfast, and quarterly social events. While working from the comfort of their own homes, our remote employees are provided a full equipment package with all the tools they need to perform their role. We use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected while we are remote.
Why this job is important:
- Software architects ensure that our software and our teams are running at their best by solving key technical challenges and promoting best practices.
- Architects collaborate with engineers to define practical solutions and best practices.
- Architects mentor and coach engineers in recognizing better ways to create software and see the bigger picture.
A typical day might include:
- Shepherding multiple development teams in building stable, high performance software.
- Collaborating with product managers, UX designers, and engineers to design creative features that advance our platform.
- Identifying solutions for team impediments, and finding ways to make our development practice better.
- Creating data models and developing code to demonstrate solutions to complex problems and jump start development teams.
- Defining architectural principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Mentoring and coaching engineers and development leads to adhere to those best practices.
This role may be a fit for you if:
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- You have 7+ years of experience designing and building software for scalable, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- You have demonstrated success in mentoring development teams in consistent architectural best practices
- You have strong experience building Software as a Service (SaaS) products
- You’re a tech guru with a passion for continuous improvement who’s excited by finding better designs for software and data.
- You are comfortable with J2EE or .NET, Angular, SQL Databases, and open source technologies
Bonus points for:
- Experience designing and maintaining REST APIs
- Expertise in application containerization (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with performance monitoring and diagnostic tools (ELK, StatsD, etc.)
- Knowledge in designing database models for transactional and distributed databases
- Expertise in tuning applications and data models for performance
- Understanding of event-driven architectures and best practices
Bullhorn is committed to our core values and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
- Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
- Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
- Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
- Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: