Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with Spring/SpringBoot framework, Java core programming and APIs to design and implement REST based microservices.
- Modify, containerize and deploy microservices to AWS cloud platform.
- Hands-on experience with architecting cloud solutions and migrate on-premises microservices to cloud infrastructure
- Design and implement solutions using container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Assist with high-level architecture documentation
- Hands-on experience in terraform, ansible, CloudFormation IaC tools to add new features and refactor existing code/pipelines in our Infrastructure as Code (terraform) modules and configuration
- Support, perform and troubleshoot deployment issues
- Implement Docker containers to create images of the applications and integrate with Gitlab Runner.
- Perform various development activities for DevSecOps practices for the project, including continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous testing, and continuous monitoring.
- Lead discussions and collaborate with the client and team members to design, implement, and maintain AWS infrastructure and suggest changes for better performance.
- Design and implement scalable, highly available, secure and fault tolerant systems in AWS using AWS architectural best practices.
- Work with Team Leads, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to develop user stories, tasks, and provide time estimation for implementation and testing activities to complete the user stories within an Agile Sprint.
- Support test workflow development, planning, and continues integration activities
- Utilize technology and programming languages (Java/JDK11, Spring/IoC, ORM, Hibernate, Spring Core/JPA,/Spring Data, and Domain Modeling, Jboss Application Server and SQL developer).
- Conduct unit testing, peer review and aim to improve code efficiency.
- Recommend and implement solutions after discussing and analyzing business needs.
- Utilizing Security/Authentication frameworks like SAML, SSO, Oauth or Okta/OpenID Connect.
- Using entire Spring framework (MVC, Security, JPA/data) with Code quality tools such as SonarQube, PMD, Spot Bugs, EclEmma, etc.
- Develop utilizing scrum/agile, SDLC, with online Issue Boards (Rally, Jira, etc.) for coordinating collaborative user story work, and will own entire features from requirements to deployment working with cross-functional product teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Experience in multiple cloud providers – AWS (must have) and Google Cloud.
- Ten (10) years of experience in Java/J2EE Application Software Development and at least 5 of those years focused on cloud technologies.
- Strong application development experience in Spring and Spring Boot technologies
- Experience building scalable distributed systems based on Microservices architecture
- Experience in container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and packing Microservices to be deployed on containers
- Experience in integration technologies such as HTTP/HTTPS, XML/XSLT, REST, SOAP, Web Services and APIs, SSO, SAML, JSON, OAuth and Swagger
- Experience with AWS Managed Services, Infrastructure Automation, Capacity Monitoring/Automated Scaling and Resiliency solutions
- Experience in AWS Compute like EC2, Lambda, Beanstalk, Batch or ECS Fargate
- Experience with AWS Storage services like S3, EFS, Glacier
- Experience in AWS Monitoring services like CloudTrail, CloudWatch
- Experience using AWS Application Integration Services like Simple Notification Service (SNS), Simple Queue Service (SQS), Step Functions.
- Experience with AWS Developer tools like CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline
- Expertise in architecting microservices and cloud-native distributed systems based on containers, Kubernetes and AWS cloud.
- Experience in designing and automating cloud-native CI/CD workflows and tools, using Jenkins, GitLab, or similar tools.
- Proven expertise in application containerization on AWS ECR, AWS ECS or OpenShift platforms and automated container image (Docker) management pipelines
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code/automation technologies (Cloud Formation /Terraform/Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- Support, perform and troubleshoot deployment issues.
- Review the existing documentation and document technical specifications.
- Perform maintenance on existing software products and contribute knowledge of business applications.
- Contribute, as necessary, to the development of all project artifacts throughout the system development life cycle.
The Successful Candidate will be:
- A proactive problem solver that appreciated the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service oriented and mission focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required for this role.
*****This job is reserved for Attain only. Attain job description is under review.*****Education and Experience Requirements:
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
GlobalGiving is the first and largest global crowdfunding community for nonprofits and disaster recovery. GlobalGiving makes it safe and easy for people and companies to give to local projects anywhere in the world, providing nonprofits with the resources,.