GlobalGiving is the first and largest global crowdfunding community for nonprofits and disaster recovery. GlobalGiving makes it safe and easy for people and companies to give to local projects anywhere in the world, providing nonprofits with the resources, training, and support they need to become more effective. Since 2002, GlobalGiving has helped raise more than $402 million from more than 900,000 donors for nearly 23,000 projects in 170 countries. These projects range from building disaster resiliency to promoting education in remote parts of the world. Join us in our mission to transform aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change!
We're looking for an experienced AWS Systems Engineer to join our growing Product and Engineering team and be responsible for the strategies, technologies, and practices used to secure and protect the data and applications we host in the cloud. You'll have the opportunity to be a visionary in the design, development, and implementation of the strategy for continuous improvements to our security practices, architecture, and tooling.
The successful candidate will be passionate about building scalable and secure cloud infrastructure, has prior experience and strong interest in developing and growing in the Cloud and DevSecOps domain, can code in programming languages such as Python, and has demonstrated success in collaborating with Software and System Engineering Architects to ensure seamless integration.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
- AWS Cloud Engineer: GlobalGiving runs all of our production workloads in AWS, using a wide span of different services from EC2 and ASG to Lambdas, DynamoDB, StepFunctions, and API Gateway.
- Infrastructure as Code: We use AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) for all of our core cloud infrastructure. All changes made to our cloud environment will be orchestrated through CDK and CloudFormation.
- DevOps: Work with our team of software engineers to ensure that our internal tools and scripts are enabling them to test and deploy their changes as well as request infrastructure changes. Our internal tools are all written in Python or Shell script.
- Infrastructure Security: GlobalGiving is PCI and GDPR compliant. We also care deeply about the security and safety of the data we control. You will help identify, research, and troubleshoot infrastructure and security related issues and vulnerabilities. Recommend fixes and remediate issues.
- Monitoring: Using tools like DataDog and Fugue, you will monitor, review, and analyze infrastructure and security components, logs, and metrics.
- Continuous Improvement: Research and identify new technologies, tools or techniques that improve the efficiency of GlobalGiving’s operations. Help us know what we don’t know. We’ll send you to conferences and other professional development opportunities to assist.
- Customer Service: Customer service is not a key focus, but it’s a great way to learn while “wowing” our customers, both internal and external, and performing your share of daily site upkeep and maintenance.
- Motivated Self: Superb self-management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment while bringing your own sense of humor, and desire to change the world.
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Minimum of 1 year of IT security experience or equivalent project experience.
- Proven experience with AWS, Linux OS, Shell Scripting, and Infrastructure as Code.
- The ability to communicate ideas effectively, to listen to others' ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions.
- A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving and a commitment to our core values
- In addition, the ideal candidate would also have some or all of the following qualifications:
- AWS Certification
- CCSP certification or other security related certification
Salary + Benefits
Starting salary range: $96k to $120k.
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, up to 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met." (One of many true stories.) And of course, we've also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Systems Architect. We welcome candidates who want to work in our Washington, D.C. office as well as US-based candidates who will work remotely.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of this permanent position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
In efforts to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, GlobalGiving requires all employees to adhere to the GlobalGiving Vaccination Mandate policy upon their start date. New employees will be required to be fully vaccinated upon their start date, if expected to work from the office. New employees working remotely who will have occasional contact with the office and/or co-workers will also be required to be fully vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: