- 5+ years experience designing and developing instructional materials for technical content.
- 5+ years domain expertise in one or more of the following: Security, IoT, Media Services, Big Data, DevOps, Systems Administration, software development, cloud technology
- Technical degree (e.g., Computer Science) or 5+ years of relevant work experience required.
Are you interested in sharing your cloud domain expertise and spreading your passion for these technologies with other technology enthusiasts? Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training and Certification Team is looking for developers, technical trainers, or technical instructional designers who want be a part of building engaging technical training courses on AWS as a Technical Curriculum Developer.
Customers are rapidly adopting AWS as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To do that effectively, they need training, and not just a couple of slides and a long lecture. AWS Training & Certification is developing highly technical courses with extensive instructor-led courses, e-learning courses that can be accessed 24x7, and self-paced labs that get customers deep into AWS technologies.
The AWS Training and Certification team is looking for a Technical Curriculum Developer who possesses a balance of technical depth, business knowledge, and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner with several AWS teams to develop instructor-led and digital training content around AWS services and features.
The qualified candidate will have excellent writing skills and the ability to translate deeply technical content into easy-to-understand training. The qualified candidate has technical subject matter expertise in one or more IT domains (security, compute, databases, networking, storage, software development, etc.). Additionally, the ideal candidate will have training, instructional design, or technical documentation experience, programming experience, and thrive in an agile environment. Above all, the candidate will have a passion for learning.
- Dive deep into AWS technologies, such as Security, Internet of Things (IoT), Media Services, Machine Learning, Game Tech, Big Data, Web Applications, or other solutions areas to understand the services and develop effective training for our customers.
- Work with audience representatives to understand training needs and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts across AWS (including Developers, Support Engineers, Professional Services, and Solutions Architects) to build technically accurate training that meets the learning objectives.
- Use our automated lab and courseware publishing process built on AWS services.
- Build relationships with AWS service teams to understand roadmaps and plan for content updates or new training offerings.
- Respond to changes in products/features by revising content at the pace of innovation.
- Facilitate requirements gathering meetings with curriculum stakeholders to define the appropriate learning objectives, modalities and expectations.
- Collaborate with multiple functional groups to develop training content that educates customers on the full portfolio of AWS services and features.
- Some travel required, primarily for event support (10-25%).
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $63,690 - $111,430; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired.
- 2+ year of experiences with common content development tools, i.e., Articulate Storyline / Rise, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration.
- Professional experience architecting systems built with Amazon Web Services.
- Current AWS Certification (Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer).
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following: Security, IoT, Media, Storage, or Migration strategies.
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
4 d ago