At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as an Agile team within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
GRS Data Technology team’s AWS cloud journey is well underway, and we are actively searching for a highly productive member of a dynamic agile team to serve as a technical expert in analysis, design, coding, and testing innovative data warehouse reporting solutions and advanced analytic models.
Liberty Mutual has been building internal startup teams to deliver innovative products and solutions quicker. As we grow this culture, attitude and capability, we want you to be part of the team
This is a range posting. Candidates will be considered at the Data Engineer/Senior Data Engineer level based on experience.
We are open to consider remote candidates based in Eastern or Central time zone.
In this role you will work as part of a team practicing Agile XP and collaborating with a geographically diverse business stakeholders to develop and enhance complex systems and/or software from user stories and technical/architectural specifications. You will analyze complex technical system problems and create innovative solutions that exceed customer expectations.
This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change and foster a positive work environment as we continue our agile transformation journey. You will have the opportunity to help lead this change with us as we grow this culture, mindset and capability. If terms like event-based, serverless, cloud-native, data lake, AI and InsurTech resonate with and pique your interest, you will want to take a look at what we are doing.
In this role you will
- Work in a dynamic and exciting agile environment with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and team members to develop creative data-driven solutions with our ETL pipeline that meet business and technical initiatives
- Improve speed to market by focusing on current GRS business partners data needs as well as building out the long-term strategic data solutions using AWS, Microsoft BI tools, SQL, as well as other modern data technologies
- Design and develop programs and tools to support ingestion, curation and provisioning of complex enterprise data to achieve analytics, reporting, and data science
- Analyze data and technical system problems to design and implement effective, flexible solutions
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
- Develop automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression)
- Mentor new and junior developers
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
- Demonstrate open minded and collaborative
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional development experience in data engineering concepts, strategies, methodologies
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Experience with Data practices and technologies including data lake, data warehousing, data integration patterns (ETL, services, messaging), analytics and business intelligence
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms including AWS
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, Test-Driven Development and practices
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, and be a logical thinker
- Must be team oriented with strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Understanding of Cloud / Hybrid data architecture concepts
- Understanding of insurance industry and products
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: