The Platform Team at Tessian
Read more about Engineering at Tessian: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/tessian
We're looking for both a Platform Team Lead, & a Principal Platform Engineer.
We're looking for an experienced SRE or “DevOps” to join the Platform Team at Tessian. The Platform Team is responsible for defining and operating the infrastructure upon which our development teams and customers depend. Why is this role exciting?
- We have plans for fast growth in terms of customer numbers and our Engineering team.
- We have an ambitious product vision and a strong team determined to execute on it.
- We solve hard problems - scale, big data (Spark/EMR), security, large databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB) and complex integrations.
What are our current and upcoming projects?
A large migration from AWS ECS to Kubernetes.
- In the past few years it has become clear to us that using AWS ECS is slowing us down. We have an ambitious goal to migrate most of our platform to Kubernetes by the end of the year, with an aim of speeding up our engineering teams.
Bolstering our security and deployments for Enterprise
- We intend to close more enterprise deals and have a plan to do it. A key project we plan to start will be creating a deployment method that allows us to maintain developer velocity whilst also giving reassurances to security conscious customers.
Keeping the lights on as we scale to bigger customers
- A crucial part of this role is to ensure that our systems remain reliable and working with engineering teams to drive quality and solve problems.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Support the vision and execution for the infrastructure for a fast growing missing critical SaaS product.
- Short term technical delivery within the team as well as setting the long term vision.Note that this does not include line management.
- You will work with the Head of Engineering and many stakeholders (tech leads in other teams) to define your team’s roadmap.
- Day to day operation and security of the platform comes under you, with a focus on empowering other teams to improve their velocity.
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has at least 5 years of AWS and “DevOps” experience
- Has experience with stakeholder management or as a product owner.
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work.
- Enjoys building scalable and resilient systems, with a focus on systems that are robust by design and suitably monitored.
- Has strong experience managing a range of production applications in a distributed and highly available AWS environment.
- Has experience with and is opinionated about containerization (Docker) and a container orchestration system (e.g. ECS/Kubernetes).
- Has experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform).
- Has a deep understanding of Linux operating system and administration skills, and shell-scripting skills.
- Has a deep understanding of server/network security concepts and implementations.
- Programming knowledge, preferably Python.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Myticas Consulting s currently seeking an AWS Cloud Engineer/Developer for a contract position with our direct client based in Chicago, IL (open for 100% REMOTE).NOTE: Open for W2 candidates only!Performs a critical role delivering the core capabilities and features of a strategi
Sr. Lead IT Cloud Engineer – REMOTEAre you ready for your next big adventure utilizing your experience deploying Red Hat Openshift to manage hybrid cloud, multi cloud, and edge enterprise? Our client delivers the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and dat
How you will helpAs a Software Engineer on the Delivery Engineering team, you will develop and maintain the services and tools powering HealthVerity’s data pipelines. This includes the ingestion of raw data into our petabyte sized warehouse all the way to the delivery of cl
How you will helpAs a Software Engineer on the Discovery Team, you will be tasked with empowering our users to delve deep into the complexities of the data in our warehouse. Our team is uniquely charged with telling the full story of HealthVerity’s platform by highlighting
How you will helpAt HealthVerity, privacy is at the forefront of our platform. As a Software Engineer on the Privacy Engineering team, you will support and extend the core technologies that preserve the privacy of patient and consumer data across a number of HealthVerity’s