Join us in creating better futures through bold decisions.
Were a data technology studio that focuses on helping our clients create operational change (faster) with their data. Weve worked inside some of the worlds largest companies: Walmart, Zappos, Tyson, Chick-fil-A, H-E-B, and many more.
Our mission of creating better futures isnt something we just seek for clients, but for ourselves as well. We are proud to be a collective of high-performers that champion necessary change when we see it. We strive to model new (better) ways of working within our own company taking a peoplefirst approach to everything we do.
Weve been named a Best Place to Work for four years and made Entrepreneurs list of Top Company Culture winners. Were also proud to have made the Inc. 5000 list of Americas FastestGrowing Private Companies for four years in a row (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020).
The Sr Data Engineer role requires both great technical skills as well as a consultative and leadership based approach to work and teams. In this role you can expect to be engaged in strategic planning of architecture and systems with an eye for rapid development and performance, as well as demonstrating technical skills while creating well thought out data pipelines and repositories, particularly in the context of warehousing and analytics.
It is imperative that you have a solid understanding of database architectures, being able to identify technology fit for client solutions. Solid fundamentals in relational and non relational design are critical. You will be working closely with teams having varying levels of experience with data systems, both internal RevUnit teams as well as client teams, and will need to be able to model best practices. Being a good communicator and team player is important to your success in the role.
You will have opportunities to help support machine learning and be involved in defining and building data pipelines on these projects. Knowledge in this space is not essential, but being interested and willing to learn how your craft fits into the larger picture is. We value folks who are passionate about what they do, are ready to offer a hand when needed, and are happy to share their knowledge with the rest of the team. We are looking for someone who has an interest in creating their own destiny by helping grow our data engineering practice.
What youll be doing (mostly)
- Work as an Azure cloud data engineer, an individual contributor, and a team player
- Analyze, design, and determine coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives
- Manage data pipeline jobs failure issues
- Python jobs via Docker container and optimize it for better performance
- Develop processes, techniques, and tools to analyze and monitor platform performance
- Strong working knowledge in Azure Data Warehouse and Lakehouse formations
- Experience in managing databases and objects
- Experience Azure Data Lake Storage with Azure Synapse
- Develop Azure Data Factory/Synapse pipelines and experience with Azure SQL Pools, Apache Spark
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to slow / failed jobs
- Support ingestion pipelines from data engineering standpoint
- Experience with SQL (Queries, Functions, Stored Procedures) and Python languages
- Participation in the design of data models for reports
- Experience with Azure Functions and API integration management
- Support architecture for Azure Event Grid and Hub
- Understanding of Identity Management, Security, Data Governance
- Desire to live into the RevUnit values of: Do whats right; be fearless; a little better all the time; Ive got your back, you got mine; and celebrate the wins
- 4+ years experience with:
- Data modeling and architecture experience
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake (ADLS2) Technologies
- Python, R, or similar technologies
- Cloud platform experience with data on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Database performance tuning and query optimization
- Data transformation patterns
- Data analysis, discovery,
- Relational and non-relational database principles and design
- Understanding of how data engineering fits within DevOps systems and processes
- Demonstrable experience working with cross-functional application engineering teams
- Demonstrable experience working with infrastructure supporting data storage, data warehousing, data for interactive applications , analytics applications, etc.
- Demonstrable experience working on teams and conveying technical topics to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to think one step ahead and act strategically
- A strong aptitude and interest in independent continuous learning, staying up to date on relevant technology, trends and practices.
Nice to haves:
- GCP certification
- RevUnit pays 100% of your individual premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, and both Short and Long-Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- 401k matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Unlimited paid time off
- 8 Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- All Hands Meetings (All-Company. 2x per year. Focus on skill development, team building, and celebration.)
- Company laptop, monitor, and accessories
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About LumenLumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for.
Azure DeveloperVaco is currently searching for an Azure Developer for a client in the Indianapolis area. This person will be a member of an Agile team developing cloud native applications on the Microsoft Azure platform.Primary ResponsibilitiesDesign.
Company DescriptionAETOS LLC is a Minority Owned CVE Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing information technology solutions focused on building a business that is customer-centered and performance-oriented. At Aetos,.
Role: Azure Data ArchitectRole Type: Full-time Only (No Contractors or 3rd Party)Required Skill Set : Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Solution ArchitectExperience : 12 - 15+ yearsSalary : Up to 210 kResponsibility of / Expectations.
Job Description: Skills & Requirements EXCELLENT COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS ARE A MUST!! Assignment Details Develop, publish, and schedule Power BI reports as per the business requirements Responsible for design methodology and project documentation Data.