AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
The Cloud Architect - Azure will serve as a technical thought leader and SME for our public cloud ecosystem of partners, customers, and service providers. You will plan, analyze, design, test, and deploy enterprise-scale Microsoft Azure cloud IaaS and PaaS solutions. You will be a technical subject matter expert on both cloud and on-premises infrastructure systems. You will apply your technical expertise in Microsoft cloud offerings to promote innovative solutions to our customers. You will develop relationships with key customer stakeholders and help them achieve their business goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and deployment of enterprise-scale Azure solutions
- Lead technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation approaches.
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements to establish new cloud platforms
- Design architectures with Microsoft Azure to meet our clients’ technical, security, and business needs
- Execute on implementation plans to deploy Azure infrastructure and move workloads to Azure.
- Assist in internal Service Delivery Framework and IP development
- 6+ years of relevant Engineering & Consulting experience
- 3+ years of relevant Microsoft Azure design & delivery experience
- Consulting experience with large-scale implementations on Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of enterprise infrastructure solutions, including enterprise directories, on-premises hosting platforms (vSphere/Hyper-V), and datacenter storage and networking
- Capable of communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Experience and comfort with delivering technical design workshops for enterprise customers.
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Experience in cloud architectures, including web, application, and database components
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager, Resource Groups, Virtual Networks, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Blob Storage, PowerShell DSC, Azure Automation, Azure Active Directory, and Azure Site Recovery
- Experience with Azure Governance and Best Practices (Role Based Access Control, Networking Architectures, Cost Management controls, etc.)
- Understanding of Azure SQL Database, Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Azure DevOps preferred
- Strong understanding of multi-region environments and global connectivity requirements
- Experience with migration readiness and planning tools (ex. Azure Migrate, Azure Site Recovery Planner)
- Understanding of security/compliance requirements as it relates to Azure services and regions
- Experience with infrastructure automation, including configuration management (Puppet, Chef, or PowerShell DSC) and infrastructure provisioning (ARM Templates or Terraform)
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell / CLI) for deployment and management on Azure
- A strong desire for personal development and learning
- Client relationship skills and experience managing vendors
- Understanding of scaling technologies and solutions
- Strong project and product management experience
- Transparent management
- Work alongside and collaborate with industry experts
- Investment in training & development
- Incentives for certifications
- Ability to make an immediate impact
- Unlimited PTO
- Outstanding lab
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting