Our client, a Healthcare nonprofit organization, is currently looking for a Senior Network Engineer. This role is a contract to hire opportunity.
This role is a remote opportunity for those who live in the Washington D.C. area. There are times you will be required to go into the server room for configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance.
*This role is not open to C2C*
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco firewalls, routers, and switches.
- 7 years Senior Network Engineer related experience. including TCP/IP, VLANS, DNS.
- VMware ESXi experience.
- Palo Alto Firewall experience.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and an ability to identify complex network issue.
- Network security, monitoring auditing and forensic response
- Hands-on Azure experience with Azure certification a plus
- Azure Active Directory experience is a plus
- Disaster recovery and high availability support experience
- Deep understanding of Linux (file management and text editing) a plus.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Designing, configuring, implementing, and maintaining complex switching environments to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
- Monitor established thresholds, respond to alarms from monitoring systems during and after normal business hours, provide initial troubleshooting to restore services as quickly as possible. Then coordinate corrective action once thresholds are reached to prevent issues from re-occurring.
- Maintain network infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, security, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades). Ensure continuity of operations including high availability and disaster recovery
- Produce and maintain documentation, develop professional diagrams. Supplement existing documentation to reflect all new changes to infrastructure and environment.
- Help lead the discussion on technical networking engineering matters and help define strategic engineering direction.
- Maintain organizational security safeguards, including firewalls, ACLs, RADIUS, intrusion detection systems and intrusion prevention systems (IDS & IPS), integrity systems, endpoint direction and response (EDR) and others under the direction of the Director, IT Operations.
- Participate in implementation of information security standards and procedures in compliance with organizational information security and risk management policies, standards, and guidelines.
Senior Network Engineer/Washington D.C./IT/Network/Cisco/Router/Switch
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
24 d ago