Gopuff’s engineering team is building solutions to dramatically change the way people purchase their daily goods. We provide the modern-day solution to meet customer’s immediate everyday needs with products ranging from snacks and ice cream to household goods and beer, at the click of a button.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is excited about creating innovative solutions to make life effortless for our customers! The kind of people we are looking for want to build optimized routing systems to efficiently deliver to our customers, create an end to end shopping experience that will delight our customers, devise warehouse management systems that enable us to always fulfill our customers’ needs, or design mobile and web applications that are joyful to use. In short, we are looking for people who are eager to help create the future of goPuff!
Your primary responsibility will be to continually create and improve cloud-native platforms as you add features critical to our customer experience. The right candidate will have the technical aptitude to drive good technology choices through collaboration with an empowered team. Success in this role will be measured by the team’s effective delivery of services. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great experiences within our growing engineering team.
- Understanding of modern web, front end and server, and cloud applications
- Experience building and maintaining meaningful Continuous Integration systems
- Experience deploying on unix in a production setting
- Knowledge of with SQL
- Understanding of message based, async processing
- Experience with a variety of web services including REST and HTTP cache-semantics
- Production experience with either Azure or AWS
- Familiar with cloud data storage solutions, S3, Azure Storage Accounts
- Familiar with Azure, specifically Function apps
- Understanding of the npm ecosystem and best practices
- Familiar with functional programming concepts
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns including concurrency patterns
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Effective communication skills and ability to document technical designs
- Experience creating data models and database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, Git and Github preferred
- 10+ years as a professional software developer
- Technically lead cross-functional projects in a lean environment
- Implement automated unit and integration tests (TDD preferred)
- Translate verbal requirements into written use cases and testable stories
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code in a cloud environment
- Code maintainability and clarity is desired over performance
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Operationally support the system for correctness of the business
- Implement and Monitor analytics to ensure the health of the system
The only predictable thing about life is that it’s wildly unpredictable. That’s where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to Gopuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
We’re assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers...the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)
Like what you’re hearing? Welcome to Gopuff.
The Gopuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
User Research International
4 d ago