Perform IT systems engineering, administrator and support functions with a hybrid environment. The position is accountable for performing the analysis, design, implementation, administration, and support of computer software/hardware as assigned. Position will work within the IT organization, helping to build out, maintain, and troubleshoot the IT infrastructure. Person within this position must be equipped and able to work in a dynamic and rapidly expanding environment.
This position will serve as part of a team of IT administrators and engineers who collectively demonstrate excellent technical competency, reliability in delivering mission critical infrastructure, and who continually ensure the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience implementing and administering/supporting Windows systems running on Azure.
- Implementing cost-effective azure-based systems according to technical specifications of the organization.
- Monitoring, system tuning, and capacity planning to maintain optimal performance and maintenance of multiuser computing environment according to organizational requirements.
- Manage storage solutions for VM virtual hard disks, database files, user data, and application data using Microsoft tools for storage administration.
- Experience with Microsoft 0365.
- Experience developing solutions across a diverse and heterogeneous IT environment.
- Responsible for engineering, design, deploying, and administrating infrastructure solutions (hardware and software).
- Identify tasks necessary to achieve project goals and provide work effort estimates, Coordinate complex projects.
- Develop aspects of the cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks and security.
- Remain current on technology and industry trends affecting Paradigm’s business and make recommendations for system improvements accordingly.
- Identifies and communicates IT Infrastructure needs and upon approval implements the new hardware/software solution to remediate the need.
- Perform performance monitoring, system tuning, and capacity planning to maintain optimal performance of systems.
- Monitor and test performance of applications, foreseeing potential bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions.
- Perform testing and integration to ensure that all software and hardware operate properly together.
- Become familiar with hardware/software applications used at Paradigm, which IT is responsible for deploying and supporting.
- Develop/create business justifications for recommended projects to be presented to upper management including the appropriate funding justification for the project.
- Develop technical documentation such as application workflows, work instructions, procedures, processes and recommended IT policies.
- Develop and document standards, policies, and procedures for specific IT environments along with system specifications, system design documentation, implementation processes, and operational support documentation.
- Document, implement, and keep accurate all components of event management for each IT solution.
- Create and document Support Strategies ensuring the ongoing support expectations of all IT solutions aligns with the business expectations.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of all infrastructure configurations and their functions
- Conduct software roll-outs of both commercial and internally developed applications that may be complex and critical in nature.
- Education - Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Experience - Candidates must have 4+ years of experience in a system administration or system engineering role in a Microsoft environment.
- ITIL Certification and experience desired
- Supervisory - ability to mentor/train other team members, review their work and provide effective, constructive feedback.
- Candidate must have advanced knowledge and hands-on administration experience with the following technologies:
- Cloud knowledge and experience
- Language Skills - Must possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Project Management Skills - Must possess excellent project management skills and have experience in managing medium to large IT projects.
- Reasoning Ability – Must possess excellent reasoning skills, and be able to evaluate multiple potential solutions to complex problems.
- Additionally, hands-on administration experience with several technologies is highly desirable
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: