POSITION TITLE: IT Systems Administrator
POSITION TYPE: Part Time (10 hours per week)
LOCATION: Remote (Virginia, Maryland, Maine preferred)
PenBay Media is seeking an IT Systems Administrator to assist with CMMC Level 3 implementation as well as general company IT needs. This part time (10 hours/week) position will report directly to the VP, Finance and Compliance.
This position is responsible for the analysis, recommendation, provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems, network and cloud infrastructure hardware, software and related technologies associated with all remote office locations with a focus on ensuring configurations meet the security requirements of NIST 800-171 and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC LVL 3).
The IT Systems Administrator will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing technology innovation. Ensuring that system-hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to corporate standards and are operational. Additional duties include participating in end-user technical support on an as needed basis, as well as defining, coordinating, implementing and documenting technical standards.
Key roles and Responsibilities
- Install and configure Physical Laptops and Virtual\Cloud servers, ensuring systems are compliant and work reliably, in support of geographically dispersed organization.
- Perform monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all server hardware, resources, and key processes.
- Create, maintain, delete Azure and O365 accounts, rules, reports, queries, etc.
- Repair and recover from hardware, software and process failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted employees. Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Develop infrastructure documentation, technology mappings in compliance with CMMC LVL 3.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Proactively works with business leaders to identify and implement solutions that increase efficiencies and enhance the internal and external customer experience.
- Performs as a lead in projects, design, acquisition, growth and migration initiatives and research products and new technologies to increase efficiency of business and operations.
- Development and maintenance of documentation and topologies to support disaster recovery plans.
- Implement and maintain standards across the business and ensure alignment with enterprise standards.
- Participates in answering, evaluating, and prioritizing service requests and ensures timely resolution of user issues by assigning appropriate priority and resolution goal.
- Participate in audit reviews with IT Security Manager for security, process and resource compliance.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various employees, participates in Cybersecurity defense, provide technical guidance to end users.
- Regularly interacts with senior management, employees and vendors.
Azure, AWS, or MS certifications or equivalent experience preferred.Minimum of 3 years working and supporting cloud implementation in Azure (Intune, Azure AD, Monitor, Security Center, Etc.).Experience with AWS, Qualys, and Symantec Endpoint Cloud preferred.Minimum of 5 years of experience in an end-user, technical support role.Experience supporting a geographically dispersed organization.· Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as IT Systems or computer science or an equivalent combination of education & experience.· Minimum of 8 years working as a server/network administrator in a small-medium size business environment.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: