Morton is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer - Veeam (W2) for our client in Richmond, VA. The Infrastructure Engineer role provides operational oversight and technical expertise for enterprise Veeam, NetBackup, and Avamar environments. The Infrastructure Engineer will provide guidance and direction to support teams and other areas of IT.
This role will also participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure job scheduling, backup efficiency, capacity management, system performance, offsite replication, and maintenance.
The team culture is based around agile principles and providing an excellent service to the business.
- Performs engineering and administrative duties for Veeam Availability Suite, NetBackup, Avamar, and Azure Backup as well as maintains integrations with technologies and other applications.
- Partners with other internal infrastructure engineers to perform operational support and project activities including monitoring daily backup jobs, troubleshooting any failures, and reporting to system owners and stakeholders.
- Performs resolution of complex hardware, environmental software operating systems and subsystems as part of critical incident response and remediation.
- Partners with architecture to evaluate, recommend and select new software/hardware.
- Performs change management using standard tools. Ensures conformance and compliance with existing system standards. Measures performance to ensure proper operation.
- Trains technical staff on use of software/hardware tools in accordance with required standards and procedures.
- Participate in after hours critical production support as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5 years of experience providing technical delivery of large projects working with stakeholders from business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Veeam certification preferred.
- ITIL Certification or experience working in an ITIL environment preferred.
- Strong experience with Veeam Availability Suite preferred.
- Experience with EMC Data Domain a plus.
- Experience with NetBackup, Azure Backup or Avamar a plus.
- Experience opening priority incidents with external vendors and driving to resolution required.
- Familiarity with PowerShell or scripting technologies and automation capabilities.
- Demonstration of thorough understanding of how discrete infrastructure components work together to provide reliable and secure hosting environment.
- Experience working with Cloud technologies including Azure.
- Understanding of security concepts and how they impact functional areas required.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills tailored for the intended audience.
- Works under direction and guidance in planning details of procedures and methods to attain definite objectives.
- Experience working in an acquisition minded environment with the ability to scale technologies, people and process.
- Ability to motivate and lead a remote workforce; Prior experience working in a managed services environment a plus.
- Familiarity working in an Agile and DevOps environment preferred.
- Strong technical foundation that enables thoughtful troubleshooting during complex incidents.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $1.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Veeam: 5 years (Preferred)
- NetBackup: 5 years (Preferred)
- Avamar: 5 years (Preferred)
- Azure: 5 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
ResponsibilitiesExecute on and maintain all best practices for desktop management including but not limited to software & patch deployment, inventory management, compliance reporting, license auditing, image creation & deployment and workstation naming standards. May participate.
Set Solutions is working exclusively for a client in need of a full time Sr. Active Directory Engineer.This person will provide design, implementation and support services for our Microsoft Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Single Sign On, Multi-Factor Administration syst
As the Azure Synapse Engineer, you will be part of a critical team involved in developing and operationalizing Azure Synapse. Experience with Spark is a must.Responsibilities & Qualifications:Understanding of Azure Synapse Analytics architecture and component integrations.Pro
OverviewThis position is for 1st Shift Tuesday-Saturday 8 AM -5 PM CDTAs a Multicloud Solutions Provider, Rackspace Technology is hiring Azure Cloud Engineers to deliver a Fanatical Experience with Azure that includes a wide range of services and features to help customers make t
Learnosity, the leading provider of assessment infrastructure for the learning industry, has acquired Questionmark, the end-to-end assessments, proctoring, badging, and reporting solutions provider. The partnership brings scale and deep expertise to Learnosity’s capabilitie