Security Software Engineer - Microsoft Platform
This position can be full time remote if not located near the SF, College Park, MD office or NYC office.
BlueVoyant is seeking a knowledgeable full-stack software engineer to help design, implement, and support solutions with Microsoft security technologies such as Azure Sentinel, Azure Lighthouse, Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (O365 ATP), Microsoft Defender ATP, and their integrations. The Managed Security Service (MSS) engineering team is responsible for the platform enabling our 24/7 Security Operations Center (SOC) to monitor, triage, and remediate security threats. As a security engineer on the MSS engineering team you will be working directly with our Security Operation Center leaders helping them create automations and integrations for our technology platform.
Our engineering team has the direct responsibility of choosing the technologies and methodologies needed to best serve our clients and the SOC, we expect our engineers to be owners and involved at every level of the software development process. You’ll be working closely with leaders, product managers, and security experts to fully understand our problems and provide long lasting scalable solutions to our SOC and clients.
Qualifications for the Role:
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing complex cloud-native systems at scale.
- Container and orchestration technologies such as docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Splunk, Azure Log analytics, or equivalent big data engine experience.
- Quickly build and solution a problem using a new technology to determine viability.
- Take PoCs to production quality features.
- Practical knowledge of security orchestration and automation tools, and data engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on experience supporting/developing cloud enterprise technology in Azure.
- Experience with Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Agile tools such as JIRA.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery pipelines and the tools used to deliver solutions (GIT, GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.).
- Expertise with API integration from Azure technologies across applications, networks, and cloud environments.
- Experience with cloud storage and database skills in Azure SQL Database, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Azure Cosmos, Azure Cache, etc.
- At least 5+ years of experience developing, tuning and implementing large-scale, complex cloud system architectures.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field experience.
General responsibilities include:
- Actively lead Azure security solutions, connecting it to product vision.
- Participate in all stages of an agile software development lifecycle, including product ideation, requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and support.
- Refine our MSS methodology based on industry best practices with continuous feedback against well-defined metrics.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and MSS best practices.
- Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and help implement strategies and solutions to reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
- Collaboratively create new solutions with stakeholders across teams, validate solutions through concrete experiments
- Work with peers to ensure the end-to-end solution provided by BlueVoyant works seamlessly for our clients.
- Continually research and identify areas of improvement in the platform
- Establish design techniques and coding standards
- Conduct reviews of code or implementations to ensure design and quality standards
- Create and maintain documentation of the platform architecture
- Provide guidance to other team members
Ideal candidates will:
- Possess Microsoft Azure or Security certifications such as AZ-500 or MS-500
- Thrive in our small, fast-paced, product-driven environment.
- Collaborate with teams from across the organization.
- Execute on tight schedules and under pressure.
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Engineer systems that are maintainable, flexible and scalable.
- Follow a disciplined workflow driven by well-defined requirements.
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks with escalation as needed.
- Be a subject matter expert in how a set of technologies work together.
- Relentlessly push for successful operational outcomes.
- Possess a strong interest or background in cyber security.
BlueVoyant is an expert-driven cybersecurity services company whose mission is to proactively defend organizations of all sizes against today’s constant, sophisticated attackers, and advanced threats.
Led by CEO, Jim Rosenthal, BlueVoyant’s highly skilled team includes former government cyber officials with extensive frontline experience in responding to advanced cyber threats on behalf of the National Security Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Unit 8200 and GCHQ, together with private sector experts. BlueVoyant services utilize large real-time datasets with industry leading analytics and technologies.
Founded in 2017 by Fortune 500 executives, including Executive Chairman, Tom Glocer, and former Government cyber officials, BlueVoyant is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Maryland, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, London, and Latin America.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States or Israel. BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
As the Azure Synapse Engineer, you will be part of a critical team involved in developing and operationalizing Azure Synapse. Experience with Spark is a must.Responsibilities & Qualifications:Understanding of Azure Synapse Analytics architecture and component integrations.Pro
OverviewThis position is for 1st Shift Tuesday-Saturday 8 AM -5 PM CDTAs a Multicloud Solutions Provider, Rackspace Technology is hiring Azure Cloud Engineers to deliver a Fanatical Experience with Azure that includes a wide range of services and features to help customers make t
Learnosity, the leading provider of assessment infrastructure for the learning industry, has acquired Questionmark, the end-to-end assessments, proctoring, badging, and reporting solutions provider. The partnership brings scale and deep expertise to Learnosity’s capabilitie
Do you like working in a technical role that contributes to our customers' success? Genesys delivers more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries. As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will provide technical assistance to our.
ResponsibilitiesExecute on and maintain all best practices for desktop management including but not limited to software & patch deployment, inventory management, compliance reporting, license auditing, image creation & deployment and workstation naming standards. May participate.