At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 500,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
Make-A-Wish America is the national headquarters for our organization, providing resources and support for our 59 Chapters around the country. The Information Technology team is comprised of a diverse team of technologists responsible for building and operating the technologies that enable Make-A-Wish to grant the wish of every eligible child. The Information Technology team is focused on providing innovative solutions across these key areas: Operations, Security, Applications, Infrastructure, Governance, and Analytics.
The Cloud Engineer I is responsible for building, administering and leading operational support of Azure and AWS environments for Make-A-Wish America. You will be the lead technical resource in the development and administration of our Azure environment, along with implementation of cloud native technologies. Partners with the Systems Architect on cloud design activities. Partners with IT operations to provide administration and operational support training for cloud technologies. This role works on a highly collaborative IT infrastructure engineering team to also provide day to day escalated support for on-premises server, computer, network, and storage systems; and, all aspects of designing, building, and managing the enterprise LAN/WAN infrastructure (route/switch/firewall/load balancer), servers (physical, virtual, cloud), virtualization (VMware/Azure VMs and Services), storage, and email/collaboration/hosting platforms.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As a Cloud Engineer I you will:
- Manage the installation, configuration, setup, testing, troubleshooting, documentation, and decommissioning of servers/networks and associated equipment and hardware (including compute/storage) primarily in a VMware and Azure environment
- Utilize knowledge of PowerShell / WMI / Bash / Python Scripting to automate or reduce task load when performing complex work
- Perform system backups, methodologies, and restoration of systems as required in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Report the performance of the enterprise network and servers, ensuring a smooth-running technology infrastructure
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems
- Support network and system related projects according to an agreed upon budget, schedule, and change management processes
- Assist in the implementation, management, and maintenance of disaster recovery systems, including failover testing and auditing
- Ensure optimum network and system functionality by participating in an on-call24/7 network, system, and user support team; and by planning and performing downtime maintenance on production networks or server’s after-hours
- Partner with a security team to support security measures to protect data, software, and hardware
- Partner with an operations team to receive escalations, develop support documentation, and train support technicians to resolve issues relating to infrastructure systems
- Partner with users to resolve advanced escalated issues and problems they are experiencing related to system, network, database, or storage performance.
- Partner with IT, applications and data teams on implementation and support of cloud native technologies in Azure & AWS
- Work with patching and vulnerability teams on compliance metrics and ingestion of cloud workloads into patching and VMP ecosystem
- Oversee troubleshooting of performance issues related to cloud workloads
- Facilitate moving of workloads to/from on-prem cloud to off-prem cloud / SaaS
- Perform other related job duties, as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems or related field required.
- 2+ years of cloud implementations & operational support of a cloud ecosystem at Enterprise scale including Microsoft Azure (including Blueprints, Azure Policy, Azure Custom Roles, Virtual Machines, Azure Storage, Azure CDN, Azure File Storage, Azure SQL DB, VNet, Express Route, Azure DNS, Application Insights, Azure Monitor, Resource Manager, VM Extensions, Azure Automation, Azure Active Directory, Azure VPN and Role Based Access)
- 3+ years hands-on experience designing, building, and supporting enterprise IT infrastructure (compute, storage, network).
- DevOps experience in CI/CD & Containerization
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Systems (RDS, AD, GPO, Print/File, Application, Database), Cisco Networks (Nexus Route/Switch, ASA firewalls, Meraki Firewall/Switch/WAP) and VMware (vCenter, vSphere, vCloud and NSX) virtualization products
- Familiarity with the following route/switch/server/virtualization protocols: BGP, SD-WAN, L2TP, IPSec, RSTP, HSRP, VRRP, SQL/OS Clustering, AD Sites & Services, DFS/DFS-R, DRS, vMotion, HA, Storage Clustering
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Cloud Product governance and configuration (Office 365, Intune, Azure VDI/Microsoft 365, SharePoint/Teams)
- Conveys specific, observable, and/or measurable expectations for each assignment, and verifies understanding and agreement on deliverables and timeframes
- Experience with patching tools like SCCM, Intune & WSUS, and Windows security standards & OS Hardening concepts
- Understanding of Cloud Governance and Industry Guidelines for secure operating platforms (CIS, NIST 800-191, CMMC, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills - effective listening and teaming
- Self-motivated, demonstrated bias for action
- Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision
- Skilled in partnering with internal customers at all levels to define problems, identify solutions, and facilitate change
- Strong knowledge of Server automation activities (Python, Powershell, or other)
- Preferred certifications or equivalent: CCNP, MCSE, VCP, Technical certifications in Azure such as Microsoft Azure Associate Level Certifications
Make-A-Wish® America is actively recruiting for this position in the following states: AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, MN, MO, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, and VA.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision*, Dental*, Wellness
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability*, Long Term Disability* and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Sick Days, 11 Paid Holidays, 2 Volunteer Days, and 2 Personal Days accrued annually
- Maternity Leave
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
- Monthly premiums paid for the employee for vision, dental, and short/long term disability.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Vision
Make-A-Wish is committed to championing diversity, equity and inclusion, fostering an organization that is accessible and welcoming. In turn, we are uniting communities to help make more wishes possible.
- Our mission is most effectively fulfilled through a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as core values and practice.
- It is only through our mosaic of different cultures, perspectives and experiences that we can grant life-changing wishes to every eligible child.
- As the world’s largest wish-granting organization we stand against racism and intolerance and are committed to representation and acceptance, creating a sense of belonging, and practicing fairness in creating opportunities for our wish families, volunteers and staff.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Our direct client based in Oregon is looking to hire Azure Data Engineers for their new development of Enterprise Data Warehouse/Datamarts. Work can be done remotely Post COVID as well however the consultant should be open to work in PST Time zone.Title: Azure Data EngineerRole:.
Who We Are:Transcard is a fintech company that specializes in providing innovative cloud-based payment solutions to financial institutions, corporations, and governments throughout the U.S. Its funds disbursement and managing platform take the regulatory, time, and cost burdens o
The Infrastructure Operations Manager is a critical member of the Viewpointe team. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating, planning and leading corporate IT activities at Viewpointe, supporting the internal staff. You will help determine the corporate IT needs of t
US citizens or GC Holders Azure Data Analyst Location : REMOTE role Duration : 1 year plus extensions The Data Analyst will be responsible for performing data analysis and supporting the evolution, development, and governance of Data with a specific focus on migrating legacy data
Monster Lead Group Owings Mills, Maryland, United StatesMonster Lead Group is the national leader in data and technology focused on outsourced mortgage marketing. With over 20 years of industry success, our strategies have helped produce over $17 billion in loan volume for our cl
More jobs by this company
At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a polic