The Infrastructure Operations Manager is a critical member of the Viewpointe team. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating, planning and leading corporate IT activities at Viewpointe, supporting the internal staff. You will help determine the corporate IT needs of the company and will be responsible for implementing and maintaining corporate IT systems and services to fulfill company requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Work as part of the Viewpointe Technology Services team to:
- Lead Infrastructure Operations team, scheduling 24x7 coverage, providing technology direction for the team
- Determine forecast and scheduling of planned VMware and Cloud (primarily Microsoft Azure) changes to meet business objectives
- Review and optimize VMware and Cloud incident response, implementing post-incident review processes to drive process and documentation improvement, and VMware and Cloud environment optimization
- Collaborate with all other departments to meet operational, application and security objectives in a highly available enterprise environment.
- Configure, manage, and maintain VMware 6.5 and 6.7 environments with vCenter, VMware Site Recovery Manager, vRealize Operations, VMware Horizon, including software and hardware patching to meet compliance requirements and vendor best practices.
- Configure, manage, and maintain Cloud environments including software patching to meet compliance requirements and vendor best practices.
- Participate in on-call rotation with other team members for 24/7 operational support.
- Investigate VMware and Cloud alarms and alerts, perform triage and apply troubleshooting skills to rapidly resolve problems, limit impact, and mitigate operational risk in a highly available Enterprise environment.
- Support application teams with rapid delivery of services within change control cadence.
- Exercise initiative in identifying and proactively solving gaps in technology and process.
- Contribute to organization imperatives by driving standards, applying best practices, establishing methodologies, and choosing technologies used.
- Achieve application and security objectives in all designs and implementations.
- Create and maintain detailed design and reference documentation.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
This position is remote and will be based in the United States. Requires limited overnight travel for training, internal planning and strategy meetings.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
The position is intended to expand in the future to include 24x7 operational management of Azure IaaS, consistent with the current VMware IaaS scope of work, so knowledge of Azure IaaS would be a plus.
- 5 years of experience hands-on leadership of Enterprise Infrastructure Operations teams
- 5 years of experience with enterprise environment VMware administration, patching, and upgrading to include underlying hardware management.
- 2 years of experience with programmatic VMware provisioning and decommission methods.
- 2 years of experience with administration and operational support of VMware Horizon virtual desktops
- 2 years of experience with Azure IaaS (or other Cloud) operational management
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Monster Lead Group Owings Mills, Maryland, United StatesMonster Lead Group is the national leader in data and technology focused on outsourced mortgage marketing. With over 20 years of industry success, our strategies have helped produce over $17 billion in loan volume for our cl
Classification: NonexemptSalary Grade/Level/Family/Range: To Be NegotiatedReports to: ManagementJOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary: The System Integrator and Coordinator will provide software and hardware implementation and training support to clerical employees.Supervisory Responsibilit
XGILITY, an award-winning Microsoft technology partner with a great culture and is experiencing rapid growth due to multiple recent wins, Xgility is adding an Azure Developer Associate to our Cloud Development team. As a core member of our consulting platform development team, yo
Our direct client based in Oregon is looking to hire Azure Data Engineers for their new development of Enterprise Data Warehouse/Datamarts. Work can be done remotely Post COVID as well however the consultant should be open to work in PST Time zone.Title: Azure Data EngineerRole:.
Who We Are:Transcard is a fintech company that specializes in providing innovative cloud-based payment solutions to financial institutions, corporations, and governments throughout the U.S. Its funds disbursement and managing platform take the regulatory, time, and cost burdens o