SafelyYou is an extremely mission-driven company that raised $60m in 2021 through series A and series B financing and is now rapidly scaling. Our company spun out of the UC Berkeley AI Research Lab and develops artificial intelligence to support care for those with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other cognitive impairments. Alzheimer’s disease is the single most expensive disease in the US, costing an estimated $600b per year in direct and indirect costs. It affects 1 in 3 people over 85 and 1 in 9 people over 65. Our first product is focused on reducing the frequency and impact of falls, the leading cause of hospitalization for those living with dementia. We have peer-reviewed results showing up to 80% fewer falls with an average of 40% fewer falls and 80% fewer ER visits from falls. We've raised capital from top VC firms, including Founders Fund, Eclipse, Foundation Capital, and Data Collective, and the largest providers in the space are actively using, expanding, and evangelizing the service. We have also been awarded grants from the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation, given the national importance of the issue – as the population continues to age, the global costs of Alzheimer’s and dementia are expected to double over the next 10 years. With fewer and fewer young people available to provide the care needed, we must find a way for technology to bridge the gap.
Your Role at SafelyYou
- Responsible for developing new applications and maintaining and updating, enhancing existing tools
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to trouble problems and identify areas for improvement
- Work closely with front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance user experience
- Develop ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about SY’s mission
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- Experience with a static typed language such as C#, C, C++, or Java
- Experience working on both Front-End and Back-End technologies such as web frameworks and databases
- Bachelors or higher in CS or related field
- Experienced in Git, Angular 2+, React Native, Svelte a plus
- 'Problem Solver' with start-up tech experience
Why Join Us? You Can Make a Difference!
SafelyYou offers a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to:
A mission-driven company culture
- Fully remote
- Competitive salary & benefits, including fully paid employee premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Program
- Company laptop
- Monthly Education, Well-being & WFH stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Growth Potential
- Company Retreats
- Medical & Family/Parental Leave
At SafelyYou, we believe that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, competitive, and resilient company. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We value all the perspectives our team members bring to the table, and that is why we don’t look for culture fit, but culture add. We want to hear from YOU! We encourage you to apply even if you do not fit 100% of the technical requirements.
*Please no third party recruiters or agencies*
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About Protocol LabsProtocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates,.
View all jobsTech Lead - Backend EngineeringRemote, US · Computer/SoftwareThis is an opportunity for you to be an impactful leader across all aspects of our technology environment. Our intent is to leverage technology as a means to deliver game changing.
At Paradigm, we are changing the future of finance! By joining us at this early stage, you’ll be building cutting-edge, distributed financial service infrastructure that will reshape financial services across CeFi and DeFi markets.About ParadigmParadigm.
Our client a financial services and digital payments company is seeking a Product Quality Analyst to work with their internal team and external partners to drive robust quality data processes and analytics tools.You will be responsible for understanding.
1+ million mobile app developers and marketing teams use OneSignal to send push notifications, in-app messages, emails, and SMS messages. We started as a YCombinator-backed company. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools,.