SFOX is the all-in-one digital assets prime dealer that specializes in trade execution, and custody. Founded in 2014, we are the world’s only end-to-end cryptocurrency prime dealer. As the leading digital asset dealer, we are at the forefront of safety and security while providing a fast and effective trading platform to customers. With a single account we connect customers to 50+ different liquidity providers and provide them the algorithmic trading tools to be one step ahead of the market. We’re funded by leading investors including Social Capital, Khosla Ventures, Haystack, and Y Combinator.
We’re on a mission to open the world’s financial markets to everyone and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our rapidly growing team.
About the Position
sFOX is seeking an experienced backend engineer to join our Trading Infrastructure team. An ideal candidate will have a familiarity or background with trading concepts such as types of markets, spot vs. derivatives, and how exchanges work.
As a Software Engineer on our Trading Infrastructure team, you will develop scalable infrastructure that processes millions of orders each day and provides cutting edge services to high end financial customers.
What You’ll Do
- Use deductive reasoning to solve complex problems that potentially exist beyond the scope of your local environment.
- Become proficient in understanding a wide range of backend services, how they all interact with each other, and what needs to change when adding to or improving our platform.
- Have a high level of responsibility in your projects. It'll be up to you to ask the important questions on top of coming up with optimal solutions.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Have an active role in helping influence product architecture and roadmap.
- Work in a highly dynamic and distributed workplace with a team of equally talented engineers.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and ship code that will influence the global economy.
- You are a talented and motivated self-starter, capable of handling projects from the idea phase all the way into customers' hands and beyond.
- You have a track record of success on a variety of difficult projects.
- You take pride in code quality and test infrastructure while prioritizing execution speed, security, and the end-user experience over "cool tech."
- You understand the value of automated testing and strive to deliver products bug free.
- You have developed computer science fundamentals, i.e. distributed systems, concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You have a passion for cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies.
- You self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious.
Not Required, but Nice to Have
- Experience with high performance, low latency distributed systems (particularly financial).
- Experience trading (high-frequency or algorithmic even better).
- Experience with Go.
SFOX is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About Protocol LabsProtocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates,.
View all jobsTech Lead - Backend EngineeringRemote, US · Computer/SoftwareThis is an opportunity for you to be an impactful leader across all aspects of our technology environment. Our intent is to leverage technology as a means to deliver game changing.
At Paradigm, we are changing the future of finance! By joining us at this early stage, you’ll be building cutting-edge, distributed financial service infrastructure that will reshape financial services across CeFi and DeFi markets.About ParadigmParadigm.
Our client a financial services and digital payments company is seeking a Product Quality Analyst to work with their internal team and external partners to drive robust quality data processes and analytics tools.You will be responsible for understanding.
1+ million mobile app developers and marketing teams use OneSignal to send push notifications, in-app messages, emails, and SMS messages. We started as a YCombinator-backed company. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools,.
More jobs by this company
SFOX is the all-in-one digital assets prime dealer that specializes in trade execution, and custody. Founded in 2014, we are the world’s only end-to-end cryptocurrency prime dealer. As the leading digital asset dealer, we are at the forefront of safety.