Veraset is a data-as-a-service company and a leading provider of population movement data to data science and analyst teams at Fortune 10s, cutting edge startups, nonprofits, and everything in between. Our purpose is to fuel innovation by providing easy, safe access to data.
Veraset is hiring a Software Engineer I – Operations to bring their expertise, desire to build, and strong technical skills to our engineering team.
Who you are:
Graduate with a Computer Science (or equivalent) degree or recent engineering experience who enjoys working in fast-paced startup environment closely with Product. You love big data and are passionate about data engineering, developing data services, and data insights platforms.
What you'll do:
- Oversee the daily production deliveries and historical data sharing
- Resolve bugs and issues within current production pipelines
- Improve health reporting and monitoring/logging capabilities for production pipelines and beta products
- Improve production workflows by creating and incorporating new features
- Develop a deep understanding of Veraset's data and our massive geospatial data pipeline
- Deep-dive into the infrastructure underlying our data pipeline: Spark, AWS, Databricks, and Airflow. Know the internals of these technologies to best troubleshoot issues as they come up
- Develop subject matter expertise in geospatial data analytics
- Learn and code in PySpark and Scala
- Assist in design of next generation technical architecture for Veraset products
- Help build Veraset into a great company
- Be a living example of our culture code (see below)
What you've done:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science with projects written in either Python or Scala
- 1 year of experience or an internship in back-end software engineering or data engineering preferred
- Understand (or desire to learn) back-end software engineering
- Familiarity with Cloud Architecture, ideally AWS
- Familiarity with production environments
- Desire to work closely with Product to support existing products and build new products
- Excited to take ownership of production processes and motivated to learn new systems
Who We Are:
Veraset is a growing B2B data-as-a-service company with over $15M in ARR and profitable
Our purpose is to fuel innovation through access to data. We enable data scientists, product builders, and analysts in every industry to understand and predict population movement and thereby make better decisions and improve the world.
Customers have used our data to:
- Predict the spread of COVID to develop local policy
- Plan for disaster relief
- Optimize cell tower performance
- Inform equity trading decisions at hedge funds
- Determine how far people will travel to restaurants based on type of cuisine
- Select new retail and real estate sites
- Create advertising audiences and quantify the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- What's it like to work at Veraset?
We hire talented people who value autonomy and we trust their judgment. Our team members hold themselves to a high standard and are focused on continuous growth in their role and personally. In short, they are smart, driven, and no jerks :)
Our culture code is:
Show Up: Deliver “A” level results towards Veraset's top priorities
Speak Up: Communicate with candor and don't withhold important feedback and praise
Level Up: Constantly challenge and improve yourself
Lever Up: Gain leverage through automation and contractors
Lift Up: Lift up others in each interaction
We are 100% remote, with team members in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, New York City, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Detroit, Chapel Hill, Chicago, Iowa, Las Vegas, and more. We gather a few times per year to work together in person and we stay in touch with Zoom, Slack, weekly team meetings, and regular virtual events.
Since we gather as a team quarterly, some travel (minimum of 4 times per year) is required.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including health, dental, vision, a flexible time off policy and a personal development stipend.
Come and join our team and have fun while making a huge impact on where we go!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About Protocol LabsProtocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates,.
View all jobsTech Lead - Backend EngineeringRemote, US · Computer/SoftwareThis is an opportunity for you to be an impactful leader across all aspects of our technology environment. Our intent is to leverage technology as a means to deliver game changing.
At Paradigm, we are changing the future of finance! By joining us at this early stage, you’ll be building cutting-edge, distributed financial service infrastructure that will reshape financial services across CeFi and DeFi markets.About ParadigmParadigm.
Our client a financial services and digital payments company is seeking a Product Quality Analyst to work with their internal team and external partners to drive robust quality data processes and analytics tools.You will be responsible for understanding.
1+ million mobile app developers and marketing teams use OneSignal to send push notifications, in-app messages, emails, and SMS messages. We started as a YCombinator-backed company. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools,.