- Be an active part of the Managed Public Cloud software developer team globally.
- Responsible for designing and developing software for our hyperscaler cloud business. Build the stuff that runs our cloud for our customers.
- Work on a variety of projects ranging from services integrated with cloud providers to platforms for customer interaction to backend business systems.
- Contribute to Rackspace’s fastest growing and most complex systems on a range of technologies. See firsthand how cloud is being used by thousands of customers.
- Build responsive, meticulously designed applications.
- Breathe modern technology into our internal platforms to show our customer’s how they need to build theirs.
- • Working with Product to assess functional requirements for new product offerings, analyze the technical feasibility, and coordinate task assignments with agility to effectively deliver innovative software.
- Implement automated unit, integration, and smoke tests where appropriate
- Develop code where deployments to production happen continuously
- Work in a heavily multi-cloud environment and comfortable working within different deployment environments
- Establish and adhere to coding and process best practices, including code reviews
- Make regular contribution to engineering standards and best practices
- Motivate members in project initiatives to contribute their best
- Drive and coordinate research, proof of concept and/or prototype works by project team members.
- Gain support for complex architecture and to negotiate solution/architectural trade-offs
- Write software using the best tool for the job, mixing open source and proprietary tech as relevant
- Write and review design documents
- Participate in project discussions
- Work in a DevOps culture including team’s on call rotation and maintenance schedule
- Advanced working knowledge of or experience with Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions, or similar
- Experience or familiarity with Infrastructure-as-Code through Terraform, CloudFormation
- Advanced experience with Git or other source control practices
- Experience architecting production-ready software with little direction where system observability is a priority
- Experience configuring logging, metrics, and monitoring
- Must have experience working in AWS using technologies such as Lambdas, Step Functions, SQS, Kinesis, DynamoDb, CloudWatch, Parameter Store, S3, and other services
- Experience with agile development and project planning (including TDD and code reviews)
- Good oral/written English language skills
- Ability to work from home in self-directed fashion and with minimal supervision
- Must have proven track record of effective delivery of production-ready, tested software
- Good teamwork/collaboration skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines and/or under pressure
- Systematic and structured in problem solving approach
- Ability to derive causal relationships from ambiguous data
- Ability to extend factual relationship to anticipate problems or opportunities
- Ability to drive innovation into and to continuously improve complex solutions and products within business unit
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field required. High school diploma or equivalent required
- 9+ years of work experience. Solid software engineering fundamentals gained through training, course work, or relevant experience
- Cloud certifications highly desired
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About Protocol LabsProtocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates,.
Piper Companies is currently looking for a Remote Full Stack/Software Engineer. The goal is to build and maintain our digital platform. To ensure success in this role, candidates should have advanced programming skills, experience with web application.
Summary of the role:Are you the next Full Stack Developer (Software Development Engineer) we are looking for?You will be a key member for the delivery of the R&D deliverables for 2022 roadmap. The role will require close interactions with Amadeus engineers,.
Senior Software EngineerRemote or SeattleJob TypeFull-timeDescriptionDexCare is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will expand the efforts around the DexCare platform. If you are an experienced software engineer who is excited about getting in on.
What You’ll DoCollaborate with designers and backend engineers to build web interfaces that power our products and featuresDrive engineering projects to completion with a sense of urgencyInteract with our backend services to access data needed to power.
More jobs by this company
Do you want to work with the world’s #1 managed cloud hosting provider? We have an environment with over 50,000 network devices making up enterprise-grade data centers positioned across the globe, all connected through our private backbone.Global Data.