We’re looking for a creative-thinking member for our early core engineering team. While we are looking for an engineer with full-stack experience, this role prioritizes backend skillsets. We will work together on the data-centric solutions that power our product that bridges omnichannel commerce. You should get excited about building scalable API's, working with data, and partnering with interesting ecommerce brands and retailers that millions of consumers engage with.
This role is indispensable. We're looking for you to provide examples of challenges tackled in previous roles - namely, what worked and what didn't. Below you'll see the experience we deem to be necessary — but we appreciate that everyone solves problems differently and are open to meeting candidates with varied backgrounds.
What you'll be doing
- Architect and implement new features for our omnichannel purchasing and inventory platform.
- Support in bug-fixing and creative workarounds to technical problems.
- Participate in design & orchestration.
- Participate in testing & release processes.
- Refactor any legacy work needed to support scalability.
- Recruit and assess future engineering talent.
- Develop rich expertise of the omnichannel commerce segment
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of software engineering experience at fast growing tech startups.
- A focus on backend development in Java (preferably Java 11+) and microservices systems
- Experience developing API’s and integrations (RESTful is a must, with GraphQL experience being a big plus)
- Experience with background processing, message brokers, schedulers, & cron jobs.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, especially services provided by AWS & containerization. (Bonus: Docker & K8s experience)
- A developed understanding of the full software development lifecycle: CI/CD, UAT, testing & releases.
- A developed perspective on modern frontend stacks. (Hands-on ReactJS/Next.js is a big plus)
- Experience in web crawling, security & encryption, and scaling automation.
- Palpable excitement to stare down infrastructure and data engineering challenges.
- A clear interest in APIs and data models, and ecommerce brands.
- Experience working with Shopify, ecommerce, and/or the retailer ecosystem is a big plus.
Why work with us
- We are a high-growth company - We've raised an oversubscribed seed round and anticipate growing rapidly throughout this year (with opportunities to build a team around you as we grow).
- We are true builders - We deeply believe in our vision for omnichannel commerce, and are constantly working on building products that enable every brand and retailer to collaborate with each other rather than compete.
- Backed by the best - Our investors include top-tier VCs and founders that have invested in tech unicorns like Carta, Webflow, AirTable, ReCharge, Bolt, and more!
- Our team is unique and flexible - We work remotely with a global team that is highly diverse. Our leadership is based between NYC and Miami, giving us great hubs to meet, work, and connect. We work hard, but also value friendships and fun.
- We make staying organized feel easy - We’re power users of tools like Figma, AirTable, Asana, Slack, & Notion, and anything else that you might need to crush it!
- Competitive base salary and stock options.
- We are 100% remote-friendly!
- If desired, we will pay for you to come meet our founders in NYC and Miami up to 2 times a year.
- You'll get to work with a small tight-knit group of individuals and be able to work autonomously!
- Health Insurance (medical, vision, dental).
- Unlimited PTO / sick leave.
- $75 a month reimbursement for gym membership.
- $100 a month reimbursement for education relevant to your work (courses, seminars, books, etc).
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About Protocol LabsProtocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates,.
No Visa Sponsorship is offered for this. position.We are seeking for a Senior full-stack engineer to join our Product Rating team. As part of this team, you'll design, code, and monitor it all with New Relic!Design, implement, observe and scale high.
As a Full Stack Developer, you have a keen grasp of the full application lifecycle, from breaking down requirements to writing testable code for the front-end and the back-end, to documenting the details so it’s easy to make updates in the future. You.
Positions: Java DeveloperDuration of contract: Long-term contractLocation: 100% Remoteneed a USC or GC/EAD- GC who can work on W2 with Kafka and React. Long-term contract and 100% remote.TOP SKILLS:Strong Java/J2EE developers including backend & full.
Our Client is looking to grow their Engineering teams across the internal pillars to help drive our internal execution, vision, culture and fun. We are looking for partners to help scale the org; to be principled, engaging, and up-level teams.he team.