As Senior Full Stack (Back-End) Software Engineer with Freedom Financial Network in its San Mateo, CA office, you will contribute directly to the success of the business and have a meaningful impact on our customers’ lives.
We are looking for engineers to bring new and innovative ideas and tackle challenges across the full stack. We believe in building teams that are passionate about solving complex problems and ready to grow and evolve alongside our expanding business and technology footprint.
We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, CO, UT, WA, OR and Nevada.
- Design, develop, deploy and manage complex microservices. Integrate the backend services with the front end solutions.
- Contribute to an overall system design and architecture.
- Select the best implementation strategies; recommend the technologies, tools and libraries.
- Contribute to development and enhancement of the front-end solutions.
- Deliver high-quality code to production; develop unit, integrated and system tests to ensure the code quality.
6 + years of experience in software development, 4 + years of experience in development of distributed systems, cloud solutions, microservices.
- 3+ years of experience in development of front-end solutions. Hands-on familiarity with modern frameworks (Angular/React) is a big plus!
- 4 + years of working experience with Java/Spring. Proficiency in Maven/Gradle.
- Demonstrated experience working with data: SQL, NoSQL, key-value store, etc
- Demonstrated experience in delivering business-critical systems to the market
- Demonstrated experience with event-driven architecture and messaging frameworks (Pub/Sub, Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc).
- Working experience with cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure, etc).
- Demonstrated experience designing/developing scalable systems
- Mature engineering practices (CI/CD, testing, secure coding, etc).
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or relevant experience in software development.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About Protocol LabsProtocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates,.
Role Description/Responsibilities:Design, build and configure applications to meet business process and application requirements. The developer will participate in the build of a modernized platform that leverages back-end development using Scala, custom.
Piper Companies is seeking a Remote Sr. Java Developer for a growing software company. The Remote Sr. Java Developer can sit 100% remote and will be contributing towards greenfield development.Responsibilities for the Remote Sr. Java Developer include:.
View all jobsTech Lead - Backend EngineeringRemote, US · Computer/SoftwareThis is an opportunity for you to be an impactful leader across all aspects of our technology environment. Our intent is to leverage technology as a means to deliver game changing.
At Paradigm, we are changing the future of finance! By joining us at this early stage, you’ll be building cutting-edge, distributed financial service infrastructure that will reshape financial services across CeFi and DeFi markets.About ParadigmParadigm.
More jobs by this company
THE OPPORTUNITY:We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (full-stack node.js/React) to join our Engineering team. You will be joining a growing team, driven by innovation and experimentation. We focus our teams on outcomes that will grow the business.