When you pick up your smartphone, the first thing you will see are push notifications - maybe there’s a breaking news alert, a football game reminder, a promo from your favorite retailer. Whatever it is, chances are the message you are reading was sent using OneSignal. Now we help businesses send over 10 billion push notifications a day.
We have raised a total of $35M from investors including SignalFire, Y Combinator, Rakuten Ventures, and Hubspot. OneSignal customers include Volkswagen, Verizon, Burger King, 7 Eleven, Zynga, Virgin Mobile, KFC, and many more. Join us in scaling the business! OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there.
As an early and strategic member of the Operations team, you will be responsible for unifying OneSignal’s data stack and enabling all teams to confidently make data-based decisions to inform our growth & GTM strategy.
The Head of Analytics would also be expected to grow out a team and manage Data Analysts as well as Data Engineers over time.
In a typical month, a Head of Analytics at OneSignal might:
- Maintain and build ETL pipelines between SaaS tools and the data warehouse. This could include Salesforce, Marketo, Intercom, NetSuite, Recurly, and backend entitlement data. In particular, making sure business teams have access to data they can action upon in their respective tooling to grow the business or to message our customers
- Maintain and scale a cloud data warehouse that can be connected to a business intelligence tool. This may mean using the current tool that we have (metabase) or evaluating new tools. This could also mean redesigning the way data is stored in our backend systems
- Build a tool that will allow people across the company to have access to data while fulfilling customer compliance obligations that will scale with the company growth
- Create automated cohort analysis and revenue bridges to monitor acquisition, expansion, and churn
- Help evaluate and develop and build automated tracking of KPIs across the business as well develop in depth reports and dashboards for individual groups across the organization
- Evaluate ways to increase the efficiency of internal data flows and centralize sources of truth
- Derive actionable insight from the data including working with sales teams, customer success, and others to build reports to both acquire and retain customers
- Additionally, this role will require strong cross functional collaboration particularly with the engineering team, product teams, sales, and marketing teams.
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years of professional experience, and 5+ years in analytics, business intelligence, data science or comparable fields preferred
- Skilled at querying relational databases (SQL) and ability to pull data from various sources
- Proficiency with at least one analytics language such as Python, R
- In-depth experience with web analytics tools and analyzing online customer behavior
- Familiarity with the Google Cloud Platform is preferred as our infrastructure is hosted on Google Cloud
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
- Knowledge of database systems and data pipelines
- Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior
- Experience using business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, etc to develop and enhance dashboards and reports preferred
Qualities we look for:
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently
- Self Starter
- Love of learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
sql, oracle, data, splunk, google chronicle, big query, query, analyst, analysis, sr, senior, sr., data warehouse, dlp, security, kpi, servicenow, hr, database, python, excel, model, insightsContract w2, Contract independentRemoteJob DescriptionSenior.
About One ConcernOne Concern brings disaster science together with machine learning for better decision-making. We quantify resilience from catastrophic perils, empowering leaders to measure, mitigate, and transfer risk. We believe that by pioneering.
Vista Consulting has an immediate opening for a part-time programmer. 99% of our work is with plaintiff law firms. The ideal candidate has a strong background in software development and programming, preferably Microsoft Access, Visual Basic and SQL..
FocusKPI is looking for a Data Engineer to work for our client.Work Location: RemoteDuration: 6 months+ contract with potential for extension/conversionOur client is looking for an experienced Data Engineer with hands-on experience in designing and developing.
Looking to join a fast-growing, cutting edge technology company serving customers nationwide? Look no further! TownNews.com, the premier internet hosting provider for media companies in the broadcast and newspaper industry, seeks a seasoned backend software.
More jobs by this company
OneSignal is a Remote First Collaboration Company, offering Remote work as the default option across the United States. We offer in-office experiences in San Mateo, CA and New York, NY.Our blog contains more information about the OneSignal Engineering.