Sunday is a data-driven start-up based in Boulder, Colorado, with a mission to empower consumers to take better care of their land. In just three years, we’ve grown from an idea to a major industry disruptor offering 100,000+ homeowners a more sustainable, safer, and tailored experience in backyards across America.
With support from top-tier investors including BondCap, Sequoia, Forerunner, and Tusk, and following our Series C raise, we are looking for the right people to grow with us. Sunday has a diverse team working across the country to cultivate an engaging, open atmosphere where we can connect, share ideas, and reimagine the American backyard. Our culture reflects our commitment to inclusion, individual growth, and curiosity.
Ready to build cutting-edge technology that helps people and the environment? Check out the details for the Senior Backend Engineer role.
Sunday is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Backend Engineer to contribute their technical expertise toward building and improving a rapidly expanding e-commerce platform. As part of our technology team, you'll partner with our talented engineers, product managers, and designers to discover and deliver products and services that enable exceptional customer experiences. Key to this role will be the ability to understand both the code and the context, leverage diverse views, and encourage improvement and innovation in an agile and highly collaborative environment.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level of a fast-paced startup, directly impact the company’s trajectory, and be a key contributor to a team that’s changing an industry for the better.
You’ll Make an Impact By:
- Designing, building, and deploying production software to meet immediate and future business needs.
- Owning large, technical projects which could include integrating with different payment providers, working with the science team to create new data-driven products/services, or designing and implementing a scalable architecture.
- Collaborating with various internal and external stakeholders to design and implement both internal and customer-facing features and tools.
- Writing unit/integration tests, contributing to engineering wiki, and documenting software architecture and functionality.
- Alongside engineering leadership, driving the end-to-end delivery of products that fuel strategic business decisions while optimizing technical performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Embodying our Sunday values: Curiosity, Passion, Courage, Humility, Drive, and Empathy.
- Pragmatic, customer-focused approach to building software
- 3-6+ years experience working with Python building large scale web applications/APIs in a framework such as Django, Flask, or FastAPI.
- Knowledge of Django Rest Framework is a plus.
- Understanding or desire to learn Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD processes.
- Desire to work alongside internal stakeholders including Customer Experience, Marketing, and Operations to create new features and processes that help both our customers and internal teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, frequently changing, and evolving environment.
- Direct to Consumer and/or e-commerce experience is a plus.
- Skilled in communication between technical and non-technical stakeholders including translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Autonomy to make critical decisions that will drive team success
- Compensation: Individual Contributor Level 3, Software Engineering: $134,000 - $157,000
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Unlimited PTO
- Location: Remote (our technology teams work remotely here!) or Boulder, CO - Named the best place to live by U.S. News for the past 2 years
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why! We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
As a company rooted in nature, we deeply understand the benefits of diversity. We work to build a culture that attracts a diverse mix of talented people to help us bring lawn care out of the dark ages. We are committed to building a diverse, vibrant team that brings determination and passion to our work everyday.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About Grafana Cloud:Our Grafana Cloud pipeline moves millions of data points, log lines and traces per second from our customer's environments into a highly available, low-latency stack that processes and stores the data, and serves it to dashboards.
About Protocol LabsProtocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates,.
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning.
Must Haves: 6-8 years of Software Engineering Exp.JavaSpringbootMySQLCloud migration experienceMoving applications from on prem to cloudWorking cross functionally with DevOps teamsPlusses: Azure preferred Cloud experienceDay to Day: A client of Insight.
THE CHALLENGELead the design and rebuilding of our Recommendations Platform and make Eventbrite an indispensable platform for finding the best events anywhere in the world! Build products that deeply understand the interests of users so we can re-engage.
Founded in 2012, EasyPost is a YC unicorn whose mission is to make shipping simple for businesses, from garage startups to the Fortune 500. Shipping, now more than ever, is the backbone of the global economy, but integrating the technology-enabled operations.
Backend Software Engineer AI Start up (US - East Coast - Remote) - Full Time PositionSoftware is eating the world - and AI is eating software. Just like the last two decades have seen software penetrate every industry and use case - the next two decades.