The future, as we see it, has internet everywhere, for every thing — from citywide bike-sharing systems, to smarter heart monitors, to internet-connected eggs to catch turtle poachers. Hologram is here to connect anything to the internet — via our global cellular platform and network available in over 200 countries and territories. The future is connected, and we are connecting it.
About This Role
Hologram is looking for a senior engineer to help us build modern, robust web services to reinvent the phone company from the bottom up—or maybe from the inside out! Someone with pride in their craft, the drive to learn new approaches and deliver great experiences, the judgment to know the next big thing from the fads, and the patience to teach the rest of the team.
What you'll do:
- Work on a different kind of technical challenge. More than just another app, Hologram delivers internet to physical devices on the move all over the world.
- Write software the right way: using best practices to create high-quality, maintainable code as part of a focused, collaborative team
- Work up and down the stack, including an active encouragement to cross-train in new areas of computer science
- Collaborate across departments, working directly with designers and product managers to decide what to build and how it will work
- Have an ownership mindset; understanding the business’ strategic vision when making decisions to minimize risk and prioritize business value
Helpful skills and experience:
- 4+ years estimating, producing, and deploying maintainable user-facing code
- Experience with modular design, testing, and refactoring existing code
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally on requirements with an ability to navigate ambiguity and reduce complexity — taking broad goals and creating execution plans with good judgement
- Tenacious bug-fixing skills and a self-motivated desire to learn how things work and improve them
- Experience collaborating on solutions and architecture with a team in an agile-like system
- Adaptability and an eagerness to continue learning and growing in a fast-paced environment
How we work at Hologram
Hologram is a fun, fast-paced, remote-first team united by our core values of ownership, transparency, and mindfulness. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
As part of our team, you'll receive:
- Competitive pay and equity. The salary range for this role is $118,000-$150,000 for an average cost of living city (candidates in higher cost-of-living cities like San Francisco and New York can expect higher compensation).
- Transparency across the company including salaries, the cap table, and how many dollars are in the bank
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- 100% coverage of your medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits (and 80% for your family members!)
- 14 weeks of family leave
- Unlimited books (including e-books and audiobooks) for continuous learning or leisure
- Generous home office setup stipends
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone
Hologram is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great: a way to help everyone – and everything – stay online and connected.
What to expect in the interview process:
- An intro call with a member of our recruiting team
- Brief coding exercise and review
- Technical Interview with folks of our Engineering Team
- Behavioral Interview with one of our Engineering Managers
- Collaborative Interview with folks from our Product and/or Design Team
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our passion for connecting the world, we’d love to review your application! For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email email@example.com.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, please consider applying!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About Grafana Cloud:Our Grafana Cloud pipeline moves millions of data points, log lines and traces per second from our customer's environments into a highly available, low-latency stack that processes and stores the data, and serves it to dashboards.
About Protocol LabsProtocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates,.
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning.
Must Haves: 6-8 years of Software Engineering Exp.JavaSpringbootMySQLCloud migration experienceMoving applications from on prem to cloudWorking cross functionally with DevOps teamsPlusses: Azure preferred Cloud experienceDay to Day: A client of Insight.
Create a new way to do hospitality with us! Trufl is a free full service front of house software that helps restaurants manage their floor plan, reservations, and waitlist. Trufl helps restaurants increase peak time revenue by providing tools that allow.
Job DetailsRequired Experience for iOS Mobile Developer:Required experience:5+ years iOS development experienceStrong coding experience in SwiftExperience with MVVMExperience developing multithreading apps, performance tuning, and debuggingA strong understanding.
About the right team memberYou love to build robust and user friendly iOS apps. You know how to separate concerns between the different layers of a mobile codebase, from the user interface components right down to the model layer. You know the best software.