Seesaw is a learning platform that brings educators, students and families together to deepen student learning. Teachers design and facilitate powerful learning experiences, students create, reflect, collaborate and make their learning visible, and families actively support and celebrate student learning. Seesaw is used by millions of K-12 students in over half the schools in the U.S.
The Curriculum (Your Role):
Subject Matter (Your Responsibilities):
- Close collaboration with product managers, and other engineering teams to deliver cost-effective solutions at scale.
- Lead an iterative development process to deliver new features to internal business partners, as well as, external customers like students, teachers, families, and school administrators.
- Backend-focused software development for our web applications, and other interdependent software solutions, driven primarily by AWS cloud technologies.
- Help drive a technical roadmap, and efficient engineering culture with design proposals, industry engagement, and continually improving our services for reliability, availability, and performance.
Prerequisites (The Requirements):
- Will accept a Bachelor's degree or foreign academic equivalent in Computer Science or a related field and 36 months of experience in the job offered or a related occupation.
- Experience with building, running, and maintaining large-scale cloud services.
- Experience working with and building platform services layer, and understands the impact of making sustainable (dollar cost and operational cost) decisions at the platform level.
- Familiarity with cloud-native technologies like AWS DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Blob storage, and lambda functions.
- Customer-focused on the approach to problem-solving and a track record of optimizing solutions for user experience over the correctness of engineering systems.
- Experience leading a project end-to-end, and the ability to discuss and explain the architectural tradeoffs and decisions that were made.
- Proven track record of being a key contributor to backend and platform-focused engineering projects.
- Familiarity with modern services and infrastructural technologies like cloud compute architectures, cloud storage primitives, and adopting a security-first approach to building new services.
- Experience implementing highly scalable, reliable, and performant services using simple cloud-native building blocks.
A little about us:
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Locations: US Remote, United States of AmericaLead Software Engineer, Back End - Technology Outside Sales (Remote) Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative,.
Delray Beach, Florida, United StatesWe need someone like you to help create software solutions that help millions of users make informed decisions. At Launch Potato you will be an integral member of the LP Tech Team where you will have the opportunity.
Headquarters: Chicago, IL URL: https://draftbit.com/About The Position:We are looking for someone with experience developing in low-code back-end software like Xano, Supabase and Backendless. This is a 40 hour/week, contractor position, starting at $52,000.
Remote, Remote, IndiaWe are looking for a driven, eager technology professional who wants to work in a diverse team of sustainability-focused personnel. Main responsibilities would include-Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end.