- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
At Amazon, we are committed to making your work experience as enjoyable as the experiences as you’ll be for our customers. That is why Amazon offers flexibility and the opportunity to work remotely to allow for optimal work/life harmony.
Come build the future as a software engineer at Amazon, where you will be inspired working alongside best-in-class inventors and innovators. You’ll create meaningful experiences that deliver on the ever-evolving needs of our customers, and your work will impact millions of people around the world.
As an Amazon software engineer, you will solve unique and complex problems at a rapid pace, utilizing the latest technologies to create solutions that are highly scalable. There are unlimited opportunities at Amazon, where developing your career across a wide range of teams is highly supported.
Ready to get started? You’ll speak to the hiring managers, and then you choose your team! Save hours on your job search and reduce the stress.
We’re hiring many remote positions across the United States. If your preference is to be remote, some of the teams hiring engineers remote positions include but aren’t limited to:
- Amazon Advertising: We operate at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high-quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising.
- Consumer Technology: Build new generation features and products for amazon.com, constantly improving the customer and seller experience for billions around the globe. Whether building site wide features such as reviews and recommendations, category specific software for the likes of Pharmacy, Electronics, Digital Software and Video Games or seller infrastructure, there are a variety of complex problems to tackle using a range of technologies in the design of your technical solutions.
- Devices: Have independent technical ownership on new engaging customer features, products, and supporting architecture on a day-to-day and weekly basis on the Devices team. You’ll work on a new or existing device such as Alexa Smart Properties, Alexa Games, Alexa Health and Wellness, & etc., while learning new in-demand skills like building voice control interfaces or scalable API platforms.
These are just some of the teams now hiring remote positions. Depending on your preferences and expertise, you will own the back-end, or full stack design and development of product features, building scale, efficiency, and differentiated customer experiences.
Key job responsibilities
We’re looking for software engineers passionate about building software solutions end-to-end, have strong software development experience delivering at scale solutions, and systems design skills. You should have a demonstrated ability delivering within a DevOps delivery model from requirements analysis, design, development, test, CI/CD, security implementation, and operational excellence with the ability to work cross-functionally with Product Managers, business stakeholders and other tech teams.
Apply today and get matched to your ideal role, working fully remote!
Relocation and competitive pay and benefits is offered for this position.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs.
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Locations: US Remote, United States of AmericaLead Software Engineer, Back End - Technology Outside Sales (Remote) Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative,.
Delray Beach, Florida, United StatesWe need someone like you to help create software solutions that help millions of users make informed decisions. At Launch Potato you will be an integral member of the LP Tech Team where you will have the opportunity.
Headquarters: Chicago, IL URL: https://draftbit.com/About The Position:We are looking for someone with experience developing in low-code back-end software like Xano, Supabase and Backendless. This is a 40 hour/week, contractor position, starting at $52,000.
Remote, Remote, IndiaWe are looking for a driven, eager technology professional who wants to work in a diverse team of sustainability-focused personnel. Main responsibilities would include-Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end.