- Building and maintaining backend services written in Go. Migrating functionality from legacy monoliths to event-driven microservices (Linux environment).
- Optimizing Nav’s customer journey experience, from first contact, through sign-up, and leveraging our financial solutions (credit cards, loans, premium account).
- Building the framework that Nav’s disruptive solutions (tradelines, alerts, financing marketplace) plug into.
- Turning business requirements into technical solutions. Turning technical solutions into business drivers.
- Helping to establish and iterate best practices within Nav's growing Engineering organization.
- Driving our data vision by working across multiple teams to ensure the right data is in the right place at the right time.
- A track record of successfully delivering maintainable and scalable backend systems in containerized environments.
- Experience developing and deploying services/products in B2B and or B2B2C environments.
- Expert working/deployment knowledge with languages such as Go is strongly preferred. Experience with Python, Ruby, Elixir, or Node.js is considered a bonus point!
- Experience working with Postgres or other SQL databases.
- Experience working in microservices and event-driven architectures.
- Experience breaking down and estimating work to provide iterative and continuous value to customers.
- Experience architecting and implementing solutions across multiple teams.
- Experience coaching and mentoring other engineers.
- A self-starter who has the ability to work both independently and as a team player, who takes ownership and accountability of their work.
- Clear communication especially through the framework of stand-ups, team meetings, and ongoing project communication.
Who You Are:
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias toward user-centric innovation.
- You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer.
- You are constantly researching and assessing companies’ best practices through networking and strategic partnerships.
- You have an affinity for a hyper-growth business.
- You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
- You are an influencer with strong business and financial acumen - you find the intersections between technical operations & company strategy.
You have excellent analytical, decision making and complex problem-solving skills.
Our Impact on You:
- Competitive Pay.
- Company Ownership.
- Unlimited Vacation.
- 401k and HSA Company Match.
- Benefits Day One.
- 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave.
- Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool).
- Flexible Work Arrangements.
- Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events.
- Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture).
- Meaningful Perks and Rewards.
- Learning and Development Opportunities.
- Pet Insurance.
A Naverick’s DNA:
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and points of view. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger-pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders, we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.
Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav. Review all open roles at: https://www.nav.com/company/careers/
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Locations: US Remote, United States of AmericaLead Software Engineer, Back End - Technology Outside Sales (Remote) Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative,.
Delray Beach, Florida, United StatesWe need someone like you to help create software solutions that help millions of users make informed decisions. At Launch Potato you will be an integral member of the LP Tech Team where you will have the opportunity.
Headquarters: Chicago, IL URL: https://draftbit.com/About The Position:We are looking for someone with experience developing in low-code back-end software like Xano, Supabase and Backendless. This is a 40 hour/week, contractor position, starting at $52,000.
Remote, Remote, IndiaWe are looking for a driven, eager technology professional who wants to work in a diverse team of sustainability-focused personnel. Main responsibilities would include-Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end.