Empowered Futures is an innovative Canadian Non-Profit Charity attempting to tackle the difficult issue of the increasing rate of depression in our young adults.
Through self-empowerment, business mentorship, and support we aim to build more confident, emotionally intelligent, and resourceful adults. Using the principles of integrity, goal setting and responsibility learned through business, Empowered Futures looks to inspire hope. Despite the complexities related to this topic, there is hope and we believe suicide can be prevented if collective efforts are harnessed to instill healing, raise awareness and promote mental health and well-being.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Maintain, review and/or adjust code and architecture
- Assist in Project Management: oversee seamless execution of projects - quality, cost, maintenance of software, the direction of projects
- Communicating with stakeholders on the status of projects - making adjustments as needed to comply with feedback while meeting company standards
- Maintain a strong rapport of vision and direction with the rest of the team
- Mentorship of new developers
- Offer creative and efficient solutions to challenges that arise in existing or new projects
What are we looking for?
- BCS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, and/or equivalent is an asset
- Node and Express framework
- Debugging, performance measurement, and test-driven development
- Building large-scale responsive web applications
- REST principles and exposure to backend APIs
- Version Control (Git) and related tools such as GitHub and Bitbucket sheets
- Can work efficiently independently or with the team under strict deadlines
- Excellent communication, collaborative, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills
- Empowering emerging adults with their growth and development
- Innovating the movement towards mental wellness
- Collaboration with multi-disciplinary senior board members
- Growing your professional network
- Room for advancement and growth within the organization to serve as a board member
Job Types: Internship, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $1.00 per year
- 4 hour shift
- AWS: 1 year (Preferred)
- ASP.NET: 1 year (Preferred)
- APIs: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Locations: US Remote, United States of AmericaLead Software Engineer, Back End - Technology Outside Sales (Remote) Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative,.
Delray Beach, Florida, United StatesWe need someone like you to help create software solutions that help millions of users make informed decisions. At Launch Potato you will be an integral member of the LP Tech Team where you will have the opportunity.
Headquarters: Chicago, IL URL: https://draftbit.com/About The Position:We are looking for someone with experience developing in low-code back-end software like Xano, Supabase and Backendless. This is a 40 hour/week, contractor position, starting at $52,000.
Remote, Remote, IndiaWe are looking for a driven, eager technology professional who wants to work in a diverse team of sustainability-focused personnel. Main responsibilities would include-Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end.