At Jimdo, we're big on small. Our mission is to unleash the power of small business owners and help them thrive. Small businesses are the backbone of the global economy, but they receive little support or recognition. We see them and are here to support them. Join us to help design intuitive tools that enable small businesses to solve complex problems.
We run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by digging deep into data, staying curious, taking calculated risks and sometimes even falling down along the way. It's the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you are motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, experiment, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to get to know you.
We empower Jimdo to handle billing, payment, and subscription management on our products in the financial and legal frame we need to operate. We ensure our customers receive the right price, charges, and invoices on their purchases. At the same time, we exchange the correct data with the controlling, finance, and data departments. Moreover, we offer flexibility, ease of use, and freedom around payment and billing capabilities to Jimdo Teams and customers by providing products, features, and APIs.
- Implement new features and maintain existing ones that help users successfully manage their subscription and billing information.
- Implement new features and maintain projects that help other teams in Jimdo to successfully launch their projects and ideas.
- Be responsible for the entirety of your features including service structure, API design, implementation, and automated testing.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Review stories, tasks critically and ensure they're appropriately sized for continuous integration and incremental delivery.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Have conversations based on organisational strategy and principles with your teammates when appropriate to ensure team alignment. Orient towards goals and ensure your team members are continuously working towards the shared goals.
- You enjoy and have experience building backend applications professionally.
- You communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely in written and verbal form both technical and non-technical subjects, and in an audience-oriented way.
- You have excellent software development skills in multiple languages and environments (for example Kotlin, Spring Boot, etc.).
- You have experience in unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- You have experience with database and schema design (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB).
- You seek and deliver praise and constructive feedback to your team, teammates, and manager in a useful manner.
- You encourage your teammates to openly share their opinions and contribute to discussions in a respectful manner. You approach disagreement non-defensively with inquisitiveness. You are open to changing your perspective and plans based on others' input.
Nice to have
- You have experience in payment, billing, subscription management domain.
- You have experience with Kotlin.
- You have experience with Spring Boot.
- You have experience with Event-Based Systems.
- You have experience with GitHub Actions.
- You have experience building and running production systems with high reliability and observability.
- You have experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, colour, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We're a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Vasiliki (https://www.linkedin.com/in/vasiliki-karadima-b044275a/) is looking forward to receiving your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Locations: US Remote, United States of AmericaLead Software Engineer, Back End - Technology Outside Sales (Remote) Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative,.
Delray Beach, Florida, United StatesWe need someone like you to help create software solutions that help millions of users make informed decisions. At Launch Potato you will be an integral member of the LP Tech Team where you will have the opportunity.
Headquarters: Chicago, IL URL: https://draftbit.com/About The Position:We are looking for someone with experience developing in low-code back-end software like Xano, Supabase and Backendless. This is a 40 hour/week, contractor position, starting at $52,000.
Remote, Remote, IndiaWe are looking for a driven, eager technology professional who wants to work in a diverse team of sustainability-focused personnel. Main responsibilities would include-Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end.