What We’re Building + Who We Work With:
Conversations driven by our platform are geared towards driving measurable meaningful outcomes such as voter turnout, event attendance, or dollars raised for clients such as Planned Parenthood, Sierra Club, the DNC, large non-profits, unions, and universities, as well as several 2020 presidential candidates.
To do that our team works on building systems that scale up 100x in a matter of hours and which are able to send 100 million messages a day. Our clients bursty appetite for Hustle requires that we are able to scale up and down two orders of magnitude quickly and efficiently at the drop of a dime so that they can reach voters, volunteers, benefactors, or attendees at the right time, with the right message, sent by the right person!
Sound interesting? Keep reading!
What you’ll do
- Execute technical projects that improve our platform such as:
- Development of highly scalable integrations with a complex domain model and sophisticated event pipeline
- Development of an entirely new broadcast messaging product that can scale to deliver over 25 million messages a day.
- Augmentation of our core product with video messaging capabilities.
- Sharing responsibility for core components of several distributed systems in a data intensive application.
- Building out our public facing JSON API and web hook platform.
You'll learn how to
- Build high performance asynchronous http servers built with NodeJS
- Work with data stores with billions of records and terabytes of data that scale way beyond the capabilities of a single machine
- Operate a high performance and fault tolerant AMQP deployment via RabbitMQ
- Work with column oriented data warehouse and streaming data platforms such as Kafka
- Deploy to CDNs and stateless containers on major cloud providers
- Propose and push for projects that you think are important, either by suggesting new ideas, or arguing for reprioritization of existing ones.
- Be flexible and adaptive with your process, and able to balance multiple ambitious projects at once. Know when to cut corners, and when to sweat the details.
- Be a member of a mission-driven team building a market leading product
We are looking for someone with
- Strong desire to write code that will impact millions of people.
- Strong experience building systems with NodeJS and TypeScript.
- Some experience working with languages based on the JVM (Kotlin / Scala / Java).
- A demonstrated ability to work constructively and respectfully with people from non-technical backgrounds.
- Humility and open-mindedness, a combination of strong opinions, clear articulation of thinking, and a willingness to change your mind in the face of new information.
- Comfort explaining tradeoffs of decisions, and eagerness to hear and understand feedback on your work.
We hope you have
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience working with and open source projects and software
- Six or more years of experience as software engineer
About The Engineering Team at Hustle
Come help us build efficient cross-platform mobile + web applications tailored for scale and speed!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Locations: US Remote, United States of AmericaLead Software Engineer, Back End - Technology Outside Sales (Remote) Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative,.
Delray Beach, Florida, United StatesWe need someone like you to help create software solutions that help millions of users make informed decisions. At Launch Potato you will be an integral member of the LP Tech Team where you will have the opportunity.
Headquarters: Chicago, IL URL: https://draftbit.com/About The Position:We are looking for someone with experience developing in low-code back-end software like Xano, Supabase and Backendless. This is a 40 hour/week, contractor position, starting at $52,000.
Remote, Remote, IndiaWe are looking for a driven, eager technology professional who wants to work in a diverse team of sustainability-focused personnel. Main responsibilities would include-Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end.