What We Do
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows homeowners to share their passion spaces with their local communities. We started with swimming pools which took us to $20M+ in 2 years, but pools are just the beginning. We’re creating a new category within local experiences. Think AirBnB for swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, basketball courts, music studios, art studios, kitchens and more.
How We Started
Swimply was founded by Bunim Laskin in 2019. As the eldest of 12 siblings and lacking resources for his family to escape the heat, Bunim thought of offering his neighbor financial assistance with her pool in exchange for some pool time.
Before long, others in the community cut similar deals with her and she was turning a handsome profit. The rest is history.
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances quality of life for the average family.
We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and simultaneously fosters community.
We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything with the tap of a button. From their very own tennis court or swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of their economic status.
Where We Are Now
Swimply experienced incredibly rapid growth, largely driven by word-of-mouth and robust media coverage. In just the last six months over 4,000 pools have been listed in the US, over 250,000 hours have been booked, and almost a million Swimply guests have enjoyed a neighbor’s pool.
Swimply signed a $40M Series A+ led by Mayfield, with a $10M Series A led by Norwest Venture Partners just 7 months prior. With all of this momentum, we are building a top tier team to take the product to the next level.
Sr. Backend Engineer Job Description
Swimply is looking for experienced Sr. Backend engineers to join our distributed engineering team. We’re looking for engineers who like to balance working up and down the technical stack to deliver delightful product experiences, and take ownership of areas of the technical stack.
What you’ll do professionally:
- Build complex APIs for our front end applications that deliver joy and delight to millions of users.
- Work within a small team of engineers and designers to ship impactful product features.
- Mentor, educate and support the engineers you work with every day.
- Work closely with product, design, and engineering to understand product requirements, evaluate tradeoffs, and ship solutions that deliver value to customers.
- Help make our team better and continue to professionally grow through contributing to code reviews, documentation and promoting best practices.
What skills and experience you’ll bring:
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Experience writing well tested, clean code and building CI/CD pipelines to deliver solutions as quickly as possible.
- Experience with one or more Cloud Platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- You have exhibited mastery of modern technical stacks, (mobile, web, backend services, databases, analytics, etc).
- You’re fluent with Git and modern agile methodologies
- Have intermediate or expert level knowledge and experience with Node, Microservices, GraphQL, AWS, Kubernetes and Terraform or equivalent technologies.
It’s even better if you:
- Have expert level knowledge and experience with PHP, Laravel, React, React Native, AWS, Kubernetes or Terraform.
- Have experience with migrating large amounts of data with changing infrastructure.
- Have SRE, DevOps, and Cloud Infrastructure experience supporting platforms with volatile loads and millions of users.
- Have experience building data pipelines, data lakes, data warehouses, or analytics suites to deliver business insights and learnings by leveraging behavioral data in products.
- Have extensive systems architecture design and software design patterns experience as exhibited by existing applications and/or design documents.
- Have demonstrated experience in decomposing complex business problems and leading teams who have delivered technical solutions at scale successfully.
Our company is fully remote, and we're assembling a team of extraordinary talent to build our community-driven marketplace. We aim to deliver meaningful income to hosts and create more happiness in the world for local communities.
It's an excellent time to join because:
- You’ll be getting in on the ground floor to make a key impact at a consumer marketplace startup that is experiencing rocket ship growth
- You’ll play a critical role in building Swimply from the ground up, including influencing our company culture, core values, and who we end up hiring
- You’ll significantly influence the business and product roadmap as we scale
- You’ll experience massive growth opportunities as the company grows and matures
- You’ll be part of a team that is mission-driven, works hard, plays hard (generally in and around swimming pools ), and is in service to our community of hosts and guests
- You’ll be working directly with the founders and an executive team that has startup experience and scaled billion dollar companies
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Locations: US Remote, United States of AmericaLead Software Engineer, Back End - Technology Outside Sales (Remote) Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative,.
Delray Beach, Florida, United StatesWe need someone like you to help create software solutions that help millions of users make informed decisions. At Launch Potato you will be an integral member of the LP Tech Team where you will have the opportunity.
Headquarters: Chicago, IL URL: https://draftbit.com/About The Position:We are looking for someone with experience developing in low-code back-end software like Xano, Supabase and Backendless. This is a 40 hour/week, contractor position, starting at $52,000.
Remote, Remote, IndiaWe are looking for a driven, eager technology professional who wants to work in a diverse team of sustainability-focused personnel. Main responsibilities would include-Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end.