Have you ever wondered how companies list their products on Amazon? Or how Google knows which products are in stock in a store near you? How about how your order gets to your door when you buy from a 3rd party merchant on Amazon? That’s where Feedonomics comes in!
As a leading product feed management platform, Feedonomics partners with agencies, brands, and retailers to optimize and list their products on the top ecommerce shopping destinations around the world.
Here at Feedonomics we “eat our own dog food”, meaning that in addition to our merchant and agency users, Feedonomics has over a hundred analysts using our platform to service some of the largest merchants in the world like Walmart and Target. This makes sure that we are building the right product and iterating constantly.
Since its inception in 2014, Feedonomics has developed an incredible reputation for our full-service approach to feed management, our inclusive culture, and our industry-leading technology. With principles that go beyond optics, Feedonomics looks to deliver the same people-first strategy internally as we do externally.
Here at Feedonomics, we operate in a fully remote work environment. Our home office is based in Los Angeles, California, but our employees are located all over the United States.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Software Engineer - Backend to join the Engineering team at Feedonomics, headquartered in Los Angeles. You will be working with a multi-faceted and vibrant Backend Infrastructure Engineering team in developing and improving core infrastructure components and services that power our robust and scalable SaaS platform.
The ideal candidate holds a B.S in Computer Science or similar along with professional experience supporting enterprise-grade SaaS platforms in a team environment.
- Lead the design, architecture and development of scalable and highly available systems and services.
- Solve complex infrastructure related problems with code, developing and providing post-release support for scalable services and tools that are used by various Engineering teams.
- Drive product architecture design and articulate architecture solution options to the product owners and architecture leadership.
- Conduct post-mortems to analyze and prevent repeat failures.
- Drive and own improvements in end-to-end infrastructure and systems.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes that solve concrete business problems.
- Handle seamless upgrades of infrastructure and services through automation.
- Be a domain expert who follows industry trends and applies best practices and contributes towards continuous improvement of those practices.
- 5+ years of programming experience
- 1+ years experience with PHP (Strongly preferred)
- 2+ years experience with MySQL or similar technology
- Strong understanding of database schema design, caching and scalability
- Strong understanding of various communication protocols (TCP, RPC, etc)
- Strong understanding of Distributed Systems
- Experience with Full-stack observability tools like New Relic is strongly preferred
- Good understanding of Linux operating system and experience administering Linux systems in a production environment is preferred
- Experience with modern CI/CD and containerization tools like Docker is a plus
- Experience in Caching technologies is a plus (e.g. Redis or memcached)
- Ability to perform time and memory complexity analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related technical field
What's in it for you?
- Master your craft under the guidance of technical experts in their field
- Work with autonomy to solve challenges and come up with creative technical solutions to meet the needs of our clients
- See your work in action as the largest companies in the world use your code to succeed in their eCommerce goals
- This position is remote, with flexible working schedule available
- Competitive pay that keeps up with the market
- Unlimited PTO in addition to Well-Being Leave, Volunteer Days, and Fixed and Floating Holidays
- Medical, dental, vision (VSP) insurance, HSA, FSA, life insurance, and more
- Monthly half-day Fridays (yes, really!)
- 401K retirement plans
- Family benefits, such as parental leave, newborn sick leave, adoption assistance, pet insurance and more
- Educational assistance
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Generous Employee Referral bonuses
Here at Feedonomics, we believe in giving back to our employees as well as the community by engaging in philanthropic events and providing days off to volunteer. We are also committed to our employees' well-being by offering employee assistant programs, discounted gym membership, and diversity and inclusion resource groups.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Locations: US Remote, United States of AmericaLead Software Engineer, Back End - Technology Outside Sales (Remote) Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative,.
Delray Beach, Florida, United StatesWe need someone like you to help create software solutions that help millions of users make informed decisions. At Launch Potato you will be an integral member of the LP Tech Team where you will have the opportunity.
Headquarters: Chicago, IL URL: https://draftbit.com/About The Position:We are looking for someone with experience developing in low-code back-end software like Xano, Supabase and Backendless. This is a 40 hour/week, contractor position, starting at $52,000.
Remote, Remote, IndiaWe are looking for a driven, eager technology professional who wants to work in a diverse team of sustainability-focused personnel. Main responsibilities would include-Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end.