Untappd is a fast-growing technology company developing multiple B2C and B2B products for craft beer enthusiasts, venues/retailers, and producers in the beverage alcohol industry.
Our award-winning Untappd mobile app is used by millions of beer enthusiasts around the world. Our menu publishing product, Untappd for Business, enables venues to streamline publication and promotion of menus. Untappd Marketplace enables alcohol resellers to streamline ordering of beer, wine, and spirits from wholesalers and self-distributing breweries. We are proud to have been recognized and featured in the following media outlets:
- Inc. Best Places to Work in 2019.
- #150 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing US companies.
- #53 on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list of fastest-growing companies in North America.
- #98 on the Entrepreneur magazines list of 360 most entrepreneurial companies.
- Featured in Time Magazine, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch, Food & Wine, and Forbes.
Untappd is looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to join our consumer team. The team builds and maintains the Untappd consumer web and mobile experience, serving an active community of millions of craft-beer enthusiasts. The Untappd mobile app is currently moving to React Native, while the web and backend remain on PHP using CodeIgniter.
Untappd Product & Engineering is distributed and fully remote. However, you must be authorized to work in the United States or Canada and ideally are in the Eastern or Central time zones.
- Development of a React Native replacement for the existing Untappd mobile app (previously built on Ionic).
- End-to-end development across all 3 stacks (backend, web, and mobile) of new features and capabilities to improve KPIs like signups and engagement.
- Ongoing development of the Consumer API which serves a universal list of all known beer in the world (depended upon by the app, external customers and internal B2B teams).
- Implementation of improved analytics for detailed awareness of KPIs and measuring impact/success of feature releases.
- Modernization of backend tech stack e.g. consolidation of infrastructure to AWS services, fronting APIs with GraphQL.
- Site reliability, security and operation of the product as critical infrastructure for our users and B2B customers
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years industry experience as a software engineer.
- At least 3 years experience working on consumer-facing / B2C software.
- Polyglot mindset, experience with ReactJS, PHP and at least one other modern programming language.
- Building and consuming APIs with GraphQL.
- Building and maintaining a relational database under heavy production loads (ideally PostgreSQL).
- Working with product designers to develop high-fidelity, highly usable UI.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creating automated unit & integration tests for web and APIs.
- Developing with hybrid mobile app technology (React Native, Ionic/Cordova/PhoneGap).
- Ruby (we anticipate modernizing from PHP to Ruby in the future).
- DevOps / SecOps.
- Developing with web accessibility standards and techniques.
- Early or growth stage startups.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: