Headquarters: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Finexio is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data team. The Data team uses data to create better customer experiences, smarter business decisions, and efficiencies company-wide. We do this by providing accurate, actionable analyses, building sophisticated data products, and by maintaining a reliable data infrastructure.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer that is excited about building and maintaining reliable data infrastructure that is built to scale with a growing business. You will work with every part of the company and a wide variety of data sources. Our data stack: Fivetran, dbt, BigQuery, and Looker.
What you'll do:
- Apply a consistent data modeling philosophy to our data warehouse that balances stakeholder requirements, interpretability, and performance.
- Help create a roadmap for the next iteration of our data warehouse and its downstream dependencies.
- Help translate business requirements into feature requests for the data team.
- Help create a roadmap to develop infrastructure and tooling to support use of our data inside/outside of Looker by our users.
- Build, maintain, and optimize the backend of Looker.
- Develop tooling, testing, and processes to ensure our data infrastructure is robust and reliable.
- Apply data integration methods for data sync requests and automate tasks.
- Write custom ETL scripts or automate tasks.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Strong Python and SQL skills (experience using dbt and BigQuery is a plus)
- Experience in Payments, banking, financials is a plus
- Experience applying data modeling techniques and philosophies
- Experience using git for version control and collaboration
- Experience working with CI / CD to test and deploy code
- Experience implementing orchestration of data pipelines
- Experience working with cloud services (we use GCP)
- You are open and willing to help others learn and look to learn from others, as well
- You make thoughtful recommendations that consider impact, urgency, and long-term implications and know when to say no
- An ability to drive projects forward with strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, evolving, and high growth environment
Why You'll Love Working at Finexio:
- Culture: We are a humble, client-first team that is focused on collaborative data-driven success.
- Speed: We move fast, love new ideas and give you the opportunity to push your limits.
- Growth: We are expanding rapidly into new markets, launching new services and creating a world-class company.
What We Offer:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders.
- An environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make a real, measurable impact
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: