We are seeking a motivated back-end developer to join our team. You will work alongside a group of dedicated and supportive programmers and designers, all focused on building and maintaining a complex software product used by one of the largest technology companies in the world. We count on our developers to write elegant and well-documented code, with a strict eye towards separation of concerns, scalability, and maintainability.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with leads, developers, and designers to create new features and maintain back-end architectures for highly-trafficked applications in Python
- Design data structures and the services that use them
- Debug development and production issues across multiple services
- Work towards improving code quality, internal tools/processes, and documentation
- Must have at least 1 year of professional experience in Python
YOU MAY FIT THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Are confident in your knowledge of building/maintaining APIs
- Have preferably 2+ years professional experience writing high quality, server-side code
- Are knowledgeable and experienced in Python (extensive experience in similar languages will be considered)
- Often find yourself staring at a blank wall and attempting to visualize how an extremely complex system operates under high load
- Thoughtfully design forward-thinking, scalable, and performant data architectures
- Have used both SQL and NoSQL databases, and understand the benefits and shortcomings of each
- Take production systems seriously, and expect others to do the same
- Know how to independently debug a complicated problem, and do so regularly
- Regularly learn new things, and enjoy both teaching others and being taught
- Understand the importance of testing, and how to write good tests
- Value tight teamwork to achieve results that surpass a single individual’s contributions
- Understand that every product/project requires an array of fields and talents, and respectful communication is a critical component in success
WHO ARE WE?
We are a technology company that connects people, products, and experiences in powerful ways. Our growing team of designers, developers, producers, strategists, and content creators is based across the US and globally. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity's relationship with technology. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, this is the place for you.
WHEN APPLYING, INCLUDE:
- A description of yourself—what’s your background, interests, and experience? What are you looking for?
- Links to some code you’ve written (GitHub?) and/or other relevant written works (blog, tutorials, books?)
- A resume or something similar (LinkedIn profile, StackOverflow developer story, etc)
Left Field Labs is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Please click on the following links for more information: E-Verify Participation Poster. For more information visit the USCIS’ website: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00). Left Field Labs makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled team members.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: