At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
As a result of a growing engineering organization and the necessity to support more diverse business and engineering needs, Jimdo is expanding our group of engineering teams that focus on engineering effectiveness.
The Platform Team is focused on building and advancing our in-house platform that runs all of Jimdo’s systems. We bundle two decades of experience running high-traffic services in an opinionated platform that enables our engineering teams to build and operate reliable and scalable services. The team continuously advances the platform based on changing business and engineering needs and strives for close collaboration.
What You'll Do
- Design, build and operate our in-house Platform-as-a-Service that enables engineering teams at Jimdo to build and operate scalable backend systems.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features on the platform that improve engineering effectiveness.
- Define and improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple services and levels of the stack, in collaboration with multiple teams.
What We Value
- Jimdo's success is rooted in no small part in consequently using state-of-the-art cloud services. We are looking for engineers that have a strong interest in cloud technologies and distributed systems.
- More than 150 million users access our services every day. It is our duty to ensure industry-leading uptime and as little impact as possible when things don't go as planned. You fit right in when you are curious about working in such an environment.
- We leverage different technologies and languages depending on the problem we try to solve, so we value people who are open to pick up new languages when necessary. Right now Go is our default choice.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills. You use a systematic and thorough approach. You think from first principles. You have a bias for action.
- You enjoy and have at least 4 years of professional experience in a similar role.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location where you are permitted to work from. Wherever your working location of choice will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one. We also provide relocation support to Germany.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: