Does a smooth running web app tickle you pink? Or do you find yourself instinctively fist pumping to responsive websites? If you believe that developing user-centric web apps in a collaborative environment is your calling, we want you here. Work with our growing web engineering team as you construct web apps from the ground up. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for setting up development environments in Bushel’s web platform. You will encourage and adhere to the highest standards of quality software practices with clients and Bushel’s Web team. You will perform code reviews, identify and fix bugs, and oversee releases.
During your time as a Bushel Software Engineer, you’ll be working alongside the pack of wickedly slick Bushel Web Engineers. Together, you’ll work to design and develop front and backend web applications. You’ll be expanding your skill set by working alongside cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features. As a Senior Web Engineer, you’ll be writing automated unit and integration tests to ensure code robustness, usability, and reliability.
As a Senior Web Engineer, you will be expected to participate in architectural discussions, help with estimations, lead large projects with multiple developers from an architectural and development perspective, and be proficient in multiple development stacks and/or platforms. You must also be tenacious in helping with new developer on-boarding and training, as well as leading efficiency improvements and automation for your development team. You will be willing to improve the code quality of colleagues through code reviews and constructive feedback. As a Bushel teammate, you’ll be an active and self-motivated learner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development and software engineering efforts of web applications
- Interact with mobile designers to ensure high quality, Web-centric UI/UX design
- Update projects daily on project management software
- Update hours for projects daily or hourly on time tracking software
- Update progress and project percentage completion
- Complete projects on time and within time budgets
- Attend design/architecture meetings and assist in project projections and hours
- Communicate improvement ideas, needs, and/or concerns
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Has high passion for development
- Has strong discipline and work ethic
- Collaborator and knowledge sharer
- Ability to solve complex problems efficiently and effectively
- Continuous learner
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of general programming experience
- Platform/Language experience: 5+ years
- Deep understanding of complex programming concepts
- Java, Spring and Linux experience is required
- Extensive experience in Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), n-Tiered Architectures, Event-Driven, Event Sourcing, MVC/MVVM, Dependency Injection, distributed systems
- Demonstrated team leadership experience in a professional setting
- Experience with REST(ful), SOAP, HATEOAS, OData, or GraphQL APIs.
- Worked with: OpenID, SAML, or Oauth authentication standards.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, or standing if preferred, at a desk and working on a computer.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. The job description is subject to change at any time. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: