Are you an analytical thinker? Do you enjoy writing crisp APIs that power mobile apps and websites used by thousands of customers on a daily basis? Are databases fun to you? Do you have great ideas on how to modularize code, version endpoints, and refine data queries? If so, we want to talk to you!
Under the direction of the lead developer, you will be responsible for contributing to the ongoing success of backend operations. The scope of responsibilities include creating and updating APIs in Python, modifying and migrating databases, writing lightning fast data queries, and backing up your work with test cases.
This position is part of an existing product team composed of mobile developers, website developers, backend developers, and UI/UX designers.
- This position will be full time
- Collaborate with the product team to understand product specifications and business requirements through research and data.
- Develop, maintain, and support APIs that power the product.
- Document APIs for internal and external developers.
- Enhance database operations and practice data recovery exercises.
- Write tests to ensure a stable contract with frontend developers.
How You Win:
The successful backend developer will write maintainable APIs, architect database schemas, document their work, and ensure data integrity. You will make deliberate design decisions and adapt the platform to meet the needs of today. The successful candidate will have creative ideas and a problem solving mindset, have good attention to detail, possess the ability to work independently and efficiently manage time, seek continuous improvement in their work, and have excellent communication skills working as a diverse team of people with different technical backgrounds.
- Annual company retreat and developer conferences.
- Best in class hardware (2-3 monitors @ 4k or higher, minimum of 16GB of RAM, minimum of 8 core CPU)
- Remote work stipend
- Company apparel stipend
What You Need to Succeed:
- 3+ years of professional experience
- MySQL, or other RDBMS
- Understanding of basic front-end languages: HTML5, CSS
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: