Yesware is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join our talented development team. We have created a feature-rich backend architecture and data platform, along with apps for Gmail, Outlook, and the web. Together, these provide the leading prescriptive sales platform, which serves over 100K sales professionals worldwide.
We value the insights and creativity of our engineers. You'll manage engineers in our extraordinarily talented engineering team, helping reinforce our culture of innovation and excellence in engineering practices. You won’t be coding every day, but you’ll collaborate with engineers to solve our most complex technical challenges.
You are comfortable with constructive conflict and able to nurture discussion that ensures all voices are heard and the best outcome is achieved. You will be a partner with our Product and Project Management teams to ensure that outcomes are well-defined, tasks are organized and assigned appropriately, and delivery is timely and high-quality. You will push your teams to achieve their best, proactively address issues when they arise, and maintain a continual dialogue of performance and expectations.
You will lead by example Yesware’s core values to maximize impact, be genuine, work together, connect through empathy, and evolve. We look forward to speaking with you more about what these mean to us.
We are currently working primarily remotely, though our Boston office is open for people who want to use it. Because most of your communication with teammates will be virtual, and also because you will be tasked with delivering maintainable, well-documented software, we strongly value written communication skills. As such, we will only be considering applications with cover letters included . We look forward to hearing from you!
- Manage one or more highly focused teams of software engineers.
- Mentor engineers as they advance in their careers by fostering the growth of technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Level-up the team through strategic hiring, skills development, and cross-training.
- Lead and deliver key engineering initiatives.
- Identify and implement development process and methodology improvements to increase the quality and pace of development.
- Collaborate with Product Management to contribute to the strategic direction of the company.
- 5+ years of experience managing successful engineering teams in an Agile methodology.
- Familiarity with excellent software development habits: ie. object-oriented design, unit testing, integration testing, data structures, etc.
- Interest in managing partly or fully remote teams.
- Proven success in increasing diversity and fostering an inclusive environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Emotional maturity and adaptability.
- A hands-on attitude and a willingness to get things done.
About the Company:
Yesware is a team of smart, ambitious, kind people working together to empower each other and our customers. We build, market, and sell a one-of-a-kind sales platform that helps salespeople sell smarter, right from their inbox.
We are proud to be venture-backed by investors including the Foundry Group, Battery Ventures, and Google Ventures. Our customers range from young startups of all sizes, to some of the biggest names in business, like Yelp, Acquia, Groupon, Zendesk, and many more. We live out our core values everyday in a mission to serve our customers and to make Yesware the best place we’ve ever worked.
Yesware is committed to developing a culture that embraces diversity and fosters inclusivity. We do this because it makes us stronger as individuals, as a business and it is simply the right thing to do. We know that diversity comes in many forms, so we welcome employees from all walks of life to bring their differing experiences and perspectives to Yesware. Together, we can build an environment where every member of our team can bring their authentic self to work, be heard, and work toward achieving their professional potential.
Read more about us at www.yesware.com/company
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting