Minute Media is looking for a Software Engineer to join the publishing platform team! This is an exciting and dynamic role for a person who enjoys a good challenge, who is looking to grow both professionally and personally and thrives in a problem-solving environment.
Minute Media, is a leading media and technology brand focused on two main pillars—platform and content. Minute Media’s platform serves as the company’s foundation, powering its content as well as enabling the evolution of other market-leading digital media brands. To date, Minute Media’s owned and operated destinations include The Players’ Tribune, 90min, DBLTAP, Mental Floss, The Big Lead and FanSided. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that culture is our core, and we foster an environment that encourages creativity, growth, teamwork, and openness. We are a group of passionate, hardworking, and talented individuals who love to work collaboratively.
As Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the architecture, development and optimization of Minute Media's innovative applications and websites, in addition to mentoring other engineers toward quality and efficiency in the pursuit of successful product development.
You will work closely with product and business stakeholders on discovery, planning, and solution architecture. You develop on a modern stack, working both independently and collaboratively with other engineers; and take a lead role on code reviews, providing feedback and coaching to other members of the team.
- Develop on enterprise scale applications including new feature development and troubleshooting critical issues
- Participate in planning and architecture of applications through meetings with stakeholders, understanding business requirements, researching and architecting solutions, and organizing work for other engineers
- Review code prior to release to ensure code quality and efficiency, and coach other engineers to promote skill development and help them think and solve problems creatively
- Maintain understanding of current technologies and programming practices through continuing education, reading, participation in professional workshops or groups, and studying competitive products.
- 3-4 years experience working in any of the following languages: Golang, Node.js, Ruby, Python, PHP, or similar
- Work experience in microservice/SOA architecture
- Experience architecting and implementing Restful API patterns
- Experience building containerized applications to be deployed on cloud infrastructure
- Experience with AWS (Lambda, SQS, Serverless, etc)
- Experience deploying applications to K8s
- Experience building single-page applications using React
- Experience on a cross-functional, Agile team
Feel like you're a good fit for the role? Apply here for consideration. If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but up for the challenge- we want you to apply!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: