This role is focused on the backend services that enable all of this functionality. You will help to build cloud-hosted web services, design and implement data models to run our production systems, and build APIs to tie everything together.
The Backend Engineer will work closely with machine learning, application, and data engineering teams to build systems and services that meet our evolving product requirements. You will work with our SRE team to ensure we build and deploy scalable, reliable, resilient systems for our global customer base.
This is a Full-Time remote role based anywhere in the United States
What you'll do here:
- Design and implement services and APIs supporting both internal and external products
- Be a part of ensuring our code is scalable, maintainable, and reliable.
- Build out solutions for monitoring, tracing, and debugging our services in production environments
- Iterate quickly on experimental systems to solve real user problems
- Work closely with other teams to help us deliver solutions to our customers
- Find and fix performance bottlenecks in our services
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience in backend focused engineering roles, or equivalent
- You have experience in Python (or a similar language) for writing services and REST APIs.
- You have built systems using a range of data stores - SQL, noSQL, in-memory, etc, and can evaluate the tradeoffs between them effectively.
- You have experience with cloud platforms (we use GCP)
- You like solving complex problems efficiently - sometimes by writing code, but also by knowing when not to write code.
- You care a lot about delivering quality systems through automated testing and monitoring.
- You like to help other developers become better, through code review, design discussions, and more.
Only meet some of these traits or experiences? We'd still love to hear from you!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We are seeking a full-time backend engineer with 4+ years of experience building enterprise-scale and production-ready applications. This is a high visibility product team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience in the automotive enthusiast in
Senior Backend Engineer - APIRemoteArgyle is a remote-first, Series A fast-growing tech startup that has reimagined how we can use employment data.Renting an apartment, buying a car, refinancing a home, applying for a loan. The first question that they will ask you is, "how
Strike is looking for developers who have experience in building robust, scalable and secure systems. You will be joining one of top engineering teams in the Bitcoin and fintech space focused on building the Backend orchestrating Strike’s high-scale, neo-payment network.The
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here t
Summary:We’re hiring an experienced Backend Developer to work 100% remotely for a global payment-processing company.We are a financial services company, providing payment processing technologies, software and services, and APIs for e-commerce and digital transacting.-------