If you're ready to help shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable tech company with big ambitions, then this is your moment.
We're looking for a Senior Software Developer with a passion for databases and machine learning, who is eager to tackle a wide range of development projects as part of the data-focused team at Zymewire.
As a Senior Software Developer at Zymewire, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be celebrated as an individual on a small development team that encourages varied perspectives
- Have significant influence as to how the application is built
- Lead the development of new technologies to deliver more functionality to Zymewire's customers
- Mentor teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft, gaining leadership experience in the process
- Help to drive the architecture role
- Provide input to and help to make technical architecture and design decisions
- Scale a codebase
- Make a major impact on the application, the development team, thousands of users, and the organization as a whole
What we’d love to see in your history:
- 2+ years of experience in implementing data processing pipelines, backend services, and APIs
- Proficiency with NoSQL/SQL databases, design, schema, and building queries
- Experience in applying machine learning to real-world domains (1+ years experience)
- Solid experience with Object-Oriented architecture and design
- Experience developing software on a team that used a SCRUM or Agile framework
- Experience in building highly scalable SaaS-based applications
- A passion for solving problems
- A sense of curiosity for learning new things
- Evidence of establishing great relationships with other teammates
- Fluency in English
Bonus points if you also have:
- Strong experience with testing frameworks such as RSpec and Capybara
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Why Zymewire? Benefits, fancy perks etc.
- Earn yourself some equity (employee options make up 20% of the value of the company at all times)
- Quarterly all-expenses-paid visits to Toronto to connect with teammates in person (when it’s safe to travel again)
- Join us for our annual all-company retreat when we reach our goals (past destinations include Bermuda, Iceland, and Costa Rica)
- Be a part of a tightly-knit team with a thriving remote culture
- Three weeks paid vacation + all local statutory holidays (paid)
- Earn additional paid vacation days with continued learning ($1000 CAD annual stipend for courses and classes)
- Extended health and dental benefits (for full-time employees)
- Paid and topped-up parental leave (for full-time employees)
This is a 100% remote position.
Target start date for this role is July 19, 2021.
At Zymewire we celebrate diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Zymewire is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We are seeking a full-time backend engineer with 4+ years of experience building enterprise-scale and production-ready applications. This is a high visibility product team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience in the automotive enthusiast industry. You will be building greenfield products with our product teams on behalf of our clients.The role will be fully.
We are seeking a full-time backend engineer with 4+ years of experience building enterprise-scale and production-ready applications. This is a high visibility.
Senior Backend Engineer - APIRemoteArgyle is a remote-first, Series A fast-growing tech startup that has reimagined how we can use employment data.Renting an apartment, buying a car, refinancing a home, applying for a loan. The first question that they will ask you is, "how do you earn your money?" Wouldn’t you think that information foundational to our society would be simple to manage, transfer.
Senior Backend Engineer - APIRemoteArgyle is a remote-first, Series A fast-growing tech startup that has reimagined how we can use employment data.Renting.
Strike is looking for developers who have experience in building robust, scalable and secure systems. You will be joining one of top engineering teams in the Bitcoin and fintech space focused on building the Backend orchestrating Strike’s high-scale, neo-payment network.The Backend team works on some of the most challenging, complex, and high-visibility areas of the company. You will work cross-functionally.
Strike is looking for developers who have experience in building robust, scalable and secure systems. You will be joining one of top engineering teams.
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business.
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt.
Summary:We’re hiring an experienced Backend Developer to work 100% remotely for a global payment-processing company.We are a financial services company, providing payment processing technologies, software and services, and APIs for e-commerce and digital transacting.----------Why Work With Us:Here are some reasons why you should consider joining us:We work from anywhere. You’ll be joining our remote.
Summary:We’re hiring an experienced Backend Developer to work 100% remotely for a global payment-processing company.We are a financial services company,.