On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of related industry experience in developing scalable backend services
- Proficiency in Java programming, debugging, and build tools
- Solid fundamental skills in data structures, algorithms
- Strong engineering skills in building well-tested, reliable software components
- Ability to deep-dive and diagnose system bottlenecks via monitoring and metrics
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS (preferred), GAE, Azure)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant sync or async micro-services
- Experience working with large-scale distributed eventing systems, i.e. Kafka, SNS, SQS
- Experience with Elasticsearch or prior knowledge about enterprise search domain
- Familiarity with reactive programming frameworks, i.e. Spring Webflux, RXJava
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., Scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
Confluence Search consists of both senior software and junior engineers, living in California, Washington, and Texas. We believe and live by the Atlassian values every day and help each other to reach our goals as a team. All our recent newcomers have had an open and kind onboarding experience. We can’t wait for you to join us!
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Write great code. Solve problems. Make clients happy. Log off.Integral Group has been in business for 35 years helping clients with the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) compliance requirements of their trading partners. These days we're spending more of our time with APIs but th
The PositionBackend API EngineerWhat We NeedAn experienced Backend API Engineer to work on a cross-functional team to solve real-world problems for healthcare providers around the country. Using your technical expertise, you will design, build, test, and improve the features that
Senior Software Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining systems which allows Chargebee's customers to access their data in third party systems. This role involves working with many third party systems using REST / SOAP and other enterprise communication protocols.We.
Hello ,I have multiple long-term Java positions ( back end developers, java with CICD) remote for now.Need real time 5+yrs experienced guys with good communication and technical skills. Should be able to attend multiple scrum and stand up calls and meet escalations from clients.I
Headquarters: Orlando, FL URL: https://securitytrails.comWe are looking for a responsible Elixir engineer who will help us build internet inventory, robust APIs, and Data Services for security teams. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, integratio