Job Title: Backend Software Engineer
RevSpring is looking for a highly capable backend software engineer for a new team building our next generation healthcare revenue cycle management platform, OmniChannel. We are looking for a candidate with demonstrated experience building backend web applications using modern frameworks and familiarity with infrastructure design and maintenance. This is a new team at RevSpring so this is a good opportunity to inform the direction of the implementation as we build out this new product.
Current technology stack is an Angular 11 SPA written with Typescript + Sass communicating with a Python FastAPI REST API backed by a PostgreSQL DB. A new serverless, event-driven backend system is currently being implemented using AWS EventBridge, Kinesis, and Lambda running Python.
- Design, develop, and maintain high quality backend code utilizing industry best practices
- Design and maintain scalable infrastructure to support backend code
- Work with stakeholders to architect new features and systems that fit within the existing environment
- Improve code quality by developing and maintaining unit and integration tests as well as produce relevant documentation
- Provide troubleshooting support and diagnostics to internal teams as necessary
Specific Job Skills:
- Building applications with a modern backend framework like Python (preferred), Go, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, .NET
- Architecting REST APIs and working with multi-tier application architectures
- Using RDMS databases such as Postgres (preferred), MySQL, MS SQL Server
- Designing and maintaining scalable infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code tools such as Pulumi (preferred), Terraform, Chef, Ansible, AWS CloudFormation, etc.
- Event or message-based architectures such as EventBridge/Kinesis (preferred), SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ
- Git (working in GitHub, experience authoring and providing code review for pull requests, etc.)
- Fullstack experience with the ability to contribute and provide code review to a modern frontend framework such as Angular (preferred), React, or Vue
- Setting up and maintaining continuous integration/deployment infrastructure
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 2+ years of software development experience in an agile environment
- Prior experience working in healthcare IT a plus
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of both internal and external sources.
Physical Capabilities: Standard categories
The physical capabilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
RevSpring is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Note: This Job Description may not describe all of the job responsibilities and standards assigned to this position. The duties may change from time to time. RevSpring does not discriminate against any group in hiring or employment practices. Nothing in this job description constitutes a contract for employment.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Orlando, FL URL: https://securitytrails.comWe are looking for a responsible Elixir engineer who will help us build internet inventory, robust APIs, and Data Services for security teams. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, integratio
Rx Savings Solutions is seeking an expert Senior Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing company with an awesome and fun-loving culture. The team at Rx Savings Solutions is driven to make a difference in the pharmaceutical industry by expos
Aimchess makes improving at chess easy and fun. We use cutting edge analytics to provide simple, actionable insights and lessons that help players improve 43% faster than their peers.We are looking for passionate team members who want to combine their love for the greatest game o
Company. What we are building:Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, b
Senior Backend Engineer (Remote)(US Citizen, GC & H1B can apply)Full Time with Direct ClientJob Description: We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer who will bring a deep passion and love of technology, along with excellent analytical skills and an innovative mind to contribute.