We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Support Strategy, Engineering, and Operations team at Confluent directly supports the Global Support & Success Engineering (GSSE) group and is charged with the development and maintenance of support systems required for scaling a high-volume enterprise support offering. The work done by the team is aimed at creating a differentiated, world-class technical support offering that increases customer satisfaction and retention.
In this role, you will…
- Drive the design and development of the suite of internal tools used by Confluent Support Engineers to help them efficiently support Confluent’s enterprise customers
- Work directly with Confluent Support Engineers to understand use cases and requirements, and to translate these into technical designs
- Work with the core Confluent Engineering team to ensure alignment both from a technical and product portfolio perspective
- Provide design guidance and technical review for project contributions from the internal community of Confluent Support Engineers
- Work with other internal business systems teams at Confluent to ensure support systems provide consistent integration and data governance
Required skills and experience
- Strong software design and development skills
- Generalist mindset with the desire and ability to ramp on new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Experience with back-end development, including data management and API integration, for at least one common support platform (e.g., Zendesk, Salesforce Service Cloud, Freshdesk)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
What Gives You An Edge
- Experience working directly with Technical Support team members to scope and test custom software solutions
- Interest and excitement with developing tools and solutions that directly improve customer experience
- Working knowledge of continuous integration/delivery and configuration management automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with API integration development for common enterprise business systems, such as Salesforce
- Working knowledge of database and messaging systems (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, etc.)
Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Strive for excellence in their work, their team, and their company
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Orlando, FL URL: https://securitytrails.comWe are looking for a responsible Elixir engineer who will help us build internet inventory, robust APIs, and Data Services for security teams. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, integratio
Rx Savings Solutions is seeking an expert Senior Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing company with an awesome and fun-loving culture. The team at Rx Savings Solutions is driven to make a difference in the pharmaceutical industry by expos
Aimchess makes improving at chess easy and fun. We use cutting edge analytics to provide simple, actionable insights and lessons that help players improve 43% faster than their peers.We are looking for passionate team members who want to combine their love for the greatest game o
Company. What we are building:Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, b
Senior Backend Engineer (Remote)(US Citizen, GC & H1B can apply)Full Time with Direct ClientJob Description: We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer who will bring a deep passion and love of technology, along with excellent analytical skills and an innovative mind to contribute.
More jobs by this company
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in ac